To the Lighthouse

by Virginia Woolf | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Kiddie of Paris, Ile-de-France France on 3/12/2004
Journal Entry 1 by Kiddie from Paris, Ile-de-France France on Friday, March 12, 2004
The daily life of an English family in the Hebrides.

Journal Entry 2 by Kiddie at on Monday, March 15, 2004
Release planned for Wednesday, March 17, 2004 at Bar Agito - Bairro Alto in Lisboa, Lisboa-Portugal Portugal.

Por volta das 18h, no encontro BC.

Journal Entry 3 by BlossomU on Wednesday, March 17, 2004
Another book I had been meaning to read for ages and never quite got to. I was going to resist taking this home ( I am not exactly lacking in reading material right now), really I was, but then I leafed it, and it seemed interesting and there were notes and that I could not resist, reading it and reading it another reader´s notes to share the experience. I will try to leave a note or two of my own, when i do read it and rerelease it. Thanks Kiddie!

Reserved for pikapolonica

Journal Entry 4 by BlossomU on Saturday, April 10, 2004
What an interesting novel, I can see the experimentalness in it, what it tries to achieve ( and achieves in my opinion), if I did not really love as I loved some other novels. The novel is about a family who holidays in the Hebrides and the children´s craving to go visit a lighthouse, and in all the thoughts and feelings of the house guests, the lightouse serving as symbol to life, to art, to achievment. The novel is flickering, the stream of conscience thoughts like shadows, reflecting their own, but always changing, full of symbolism and hints for the reader to wonder at. Very good even if not particularly warm or easy.

I will be mailing this to pikapolonica in Stockholm on monday. Thanks Kiddie!

PS - this paperback by Harcourt, Brace and World has aged very well, paper not yellowed, binding strong, nice thick paper. I am not too crazy about the cover, but it is nice to see an older paperback so nicely put together. And the underlining and notes were a lovely accompaniment to the reading, making me stop and reread the underlined, or deciphering the notes, a bit of shared reading.

Journal Entry 5 by pikapolonica on Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Arrived to Stockholm yesterday! Thank you very much, BlossomU!

Journal Entry 6 by pikapolonica at KTH info office in Stockholm, Uppland Sweden on Friday, August 18, 2006

Released 12 yrs ago (8/18/2006 UTC) at KTH info office in Stockholm, Uppland Sweden

On the bench in front of the office.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, August 18, 2006
I found it on a seat in front of KTH (the royal institute of technology) this morning.

CAUGHT IN STOCKHOLM STOCKHOLM SWEDEN