Today Will Be Different

by Maria Semple | Audiobooks |
Registered by indygo88 of Lafayette, Indiana USA on 2/14/2017
Journal Entry 1 by indygo88 from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Tuesday, February 14, 2017
"Eleanor knows she's a mess. But today, she will tackle the little things. She will shower and get dressed. She will have her poetry and yoga lessons after dropping off her son, Timby. She won't swear. She will initiate sex with her husband, Joe. But before she can put her modest plan into action-life happens. Today, it turns out, is the day Timby has decided to fake sick to weasel his way into his mother's company. It's also the day Joe has chosen to tell his office-but not Eleanor-that he's on vacation. Just when it seems like things can't go more awry, an encounter with a former colleague produces a graphic memoir whose dramatic tale threatens to reveal a buried family secret. "

Acquired via PaperBackSwap. (Unabridged on 6 CDs; read by Kathleen Wilhoite)

Journal Entry 2 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Thursday, February 23, 2017
This is basically a day in the life of Eleanor Flood, with some background interspersed throughout. Eleanor lives in Seattle with her husband and son. She's a little bit scattered, but no more so than the rest of us.

I went into this with somewhat low expectations, given all of the negative reviews I'd seen. But it started out good -- the humor hit home with me & I was enjoying the story. But then it started getting disjointed. Flashbacks to the past which didn't really add much to the story and that were never really resolved. The ending felt rushed and just...weird. It's a relatively quick read, and I read this on audio, which I would probably recommend over written copy, as the reader (Kathleen Wilhoite) is really what saved this from being a bigger disappointment for me.

Journal Entry 3 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Saturday, December 09, 2017
Packaged up & ready to ship to azuki, who requested it from the audio VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Friday, January 05, 2018
This arrived shortly before I went on a trip, therefore my apologies for not journaling this sooner. Thank you so much for sharing this book.