Planned downtime coming up
Planned site outage for security related maintenance: June 25th, 5:00PM - 6PM ET (Eastern Time). Expected duration: just a few minutes.

The Double Comfort Safari Club

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingTaryawing of Tammela, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on 2/8/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingTaryawing from Tammela, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Wednesday, February 8, 2017
In an all-too-flimsy canoe on her way to a distant delta safari camp, Precious Ramotswe reflects on the art of navigation. Her latest cases require her to steer a careful course. Searching for the beneficiary of an American lady’s legacy seems straightforward, but a friend’s suspicion that her husband has strayed needs delicate handling. Meanwhile Mma Makutsi’s husband-to-be Phuti Radiphuti has been injured and unpleasant senior aunt is seeking to supplant his fiancée at the bedside.

Kind, witty and wise, on this new journey Alexander McCall Smith and his indefatigable heroine again prove themselves the most trustworthy of guides in an uncertain world.

Abacus 2011

Journal Entry 2 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 8, 2017
I haven't read the book yet, but because I have it also in Finnish (Harhapolkuja savannilla), this one will go next to toukokuu, whom I tagged with it in Toivelistahippa (I tagged Tyrnimarja's friend).

Journal Entry 3 by wingTaryawing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, February 20, 2017

Released 7 yrs ago (2/21/2017 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Toukokuu will get her book tomorrow at the BC meet-up in Roasberg. Enjoy reading!

Lue ja vapauta - BookCrossing.com

Journal Entry 4 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Thank you for this book - I got the same novel both in Finnish and English tonight. What a timing! This sometimes happens with wishlists and generous bookcrossers. I might go for the Finnish one but will try to find a new owner for this one.

Journal Entry 5 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, April 28, 2017

Released 7 yrs ago (4/28/2017 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

LiskoMiettinen was interested in this one and I shall mail it to her. Have a nice imaginery trip to Botswana!

Journal Entry 6 by LiskoMiettinen at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Thursday, May 4, 2017
Thanks from the book. Really nice in this freezer crisis. I so hope that all my food is not contaminated.

Journal Entry 7 by LiskoMiettinen at Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi / Mellersta Finland Finland on Tuesday, October 17, 2017
I like this. Even though my English understanding is quite bad. Nice practice because next book has 686 pages. Oh, my!

But this is as good as another books from the author. I wish to read all that I can. This series I have book waiting and last book from "Corduroy Mansions series" I also have on my bookshelf.

Journal Entry 8 by Pikkis at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Thursday, October 19, 2017
Received this book today by post :)! Thank you LiskoMiettinen for this book from my wishlist. I think I will start reading this right away...

Journal Entry 9 by Pikkis at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Sunday, October 22, 2017
This book was as good as the previous parts have been, a quick read and easy English. The humorous intake of life by Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi always gives some good laughs, but also reminds of the serious and important matters in life.

Journal Entry 10 by Pikkis at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland on Sunday, May 26, 2024

Released 1 mo ago (5/26/2024 UTC) at Kuopio, Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax Finland

Will go into mail to a new reader as a wishlist tagbook :)! Happy reading!

Journal Entry 11 by Delenna at Porvoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, May 29, 2024
Thank you Pikkis for the wishlist tag and a box full of "extras" (which I chose) :)