All These Lonely People (Quick Reads)

by Gervase Phinn | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingDiane-Fraserwing of Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 2/4/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingDiane-Fraserwing from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, February 04, 2017
This is now a bookcrossing book ☺found on the free bookshelf at work

Journal Entry 2 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, May 11, 2019
An interesting story about a priest who recognises lonely people

Journal Entry 3 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (9/17/2019 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Added to Riff's Random bookbox ☺

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, October 28, 2019
Taken out of Riff-raff's random book box, I've always enjoyed books by this author so I'm sure that I'll like this one too.
As my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get to it.

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, February 06, 2020
I loved this book!!!!
A very quick read about some of the characters from The Beatles song Eleanor Rigby. It was funny and sad, I did have a tear in my eye as I read the last few pages, but I do feel uplifted by it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 09, 2020

Released 10 mos ago (6/20/2020 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is now on its way to Finland where it was chosen from the Alphabet VBB, round 18. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did :-)

Not sure when this will get into the post, because of covid-19 I'm not allowed to go into the PO. I will get it on its way asap.

Journal Entry 7 by wingPaulanniwing at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Monday, July 06, 2020
The book arrived today. Thank you, yorkshire-lass! I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 8 by wingPaulanniwing at Riihimäki, Kanta-Häme / Egentliga Tavastland Finland on Sunday, January 10, 2021
This was a lovely book! Sad and heart-warming at the same time.
I didn't realise the connection with the Beatles song before I got to the Afterword! The main character, a priest, hears that he has a terminal illness, and while in increasing pain himself, he still spends his time helping lonely people.
"... you were the only person in her life who had time for her and who listened to her."

Now the book is reserved for its next reader.

Journal Entry 9 by wingPaulanniwing at VBB, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Released 3 mos ago (1/27/2021 UTC) at VBB, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

The book was picked by its first sentence. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 10 by wingrussbaumwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Arrived this morning. Thanks for sending it. My TBR pile is stupidly big but as a quick read I'll push it up near the top.

Journal Entry 11 by wingrussbaumwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2021
A nice idea, well executed, entertaining and sad - artfully done in so few pages.
And I loved the link to the song I know so well.

Journal Entry 12 by wingrussbaumwing at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, April 17, 2021

Released 2 wks ago (4/19/2021 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

Having read it I can now send it on its way to a bookmoocher who has requested it. So....

Posted from London, UK to Chesterfield, UK to Susan, another UK member of www.bookmooch.com. Hope it arrives safely.

Bookmooch is an international book swap site and it's simple to use.

List the books you want to give away, send them to users who want them, get other books in return.

Go on, sign up now. You know you want to !

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Chesterfield, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Received from russbaum via Book Mooch. Will read it soon.

Journal Entry 14 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Chesterfield, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Sad, thoughtful story, based on the Beatles song Eleanor Rigby. Not like Gervase Phinn's other books at all. I know it is a Quick Read, but I would have liked to know more about some of the characters. I have listed it on Book Mooch for someone else to read.