Penguin Lessons

by Tom Michell | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by -Hazel- on 2/4/2017
Journal Entry 1 by -Hazel- on Saturday, February 04, 2017
Read for a Readers' Group in Autumn 2016

Journal Entry 2 by -Hazel- at Phonebox Library in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 19, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (2/18/2017 UTC) at Phonebox Library in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

I read this back in October 2016 for the Little Ripon Bookshop's Reader's group and have now released it to Roecliffe phone box library while on a bike ride to the nature reserve at Staveley.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 12, 2017
I brought this book home from the red telephone box in Roecliffe this afternoon while leaving a couple more on its shelves because I aim to read at least two nonfictions a month so am always on the look out for possible candidates. This looks suitably nice and light - I can't always be reading hefty histories and such like . . . .
Thank you, -Hazel- and Greetings from Knaresborough!

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 02, 2017
While on holiday in Uruguay from his teaching post in Argentina, the author rescues an oil-slicked Magellan penguin from the beach, cleans him up and smuggles him back to the college - where he becomes an instant hit with staff and students alike . . . .
Charming!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, April 06, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (4/6/2017 UTC) at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Carrying Greetings for a Very Happy Easter and a Speedy Recovery to my BookCrossing Friend, Millycat!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 more than eleven million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!

Journal Entry 6 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 09, 2017
An Easter and get well RABCK from the lovely Nu-knees, many thanks!

Journal Entry 7 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 05, 2019
I enjoyed this so much that I recommended it to my reading group - they loved it too! One woman is obsessed with penguins, and had visited the Falklands, so we had trouble keeping the discussion on track!

Released 8 mos ago (7/5/2019 UTC) at Scotch Lodge Farm and Craft Shop in Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Adding to the shelf in this friendly café. Then brought it home as its too good to sit unloved on a shelf, being tortured with lovely cooking smells on a daily basis.

Journal Entry 9 by millycat at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (12/18/2019 UTC) at Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

After its hit appearance at the Billing Reading Group, this is now off on tour in the Water Creatures Book Box.

Journal Entry 10 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 06, 2020
Taken from the water creatures bookring.

Journal Entry 11 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 09, 2020
What a delightful story and so well written. It is very interesting and informative.

Journal Entry 12 by wingdolph1nwing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 13, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/13/2020 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

Sending as a wishlist RABCK.

Journal Entry 13 by wingsaskiasosmilewing at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Thanks so much dolph1n, for sending me this wishlist book! Your offer of this book was a complete surprise. Lovely!

Journal Entry 14 by wingsaskiasosmilewing at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 29, 2020
I have now read and very much enjoyed this charming book.
Ready for a new reader!

Journal Entry 15 by wingsaskiasosmilewing at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 06, 2020

Released 3 wks ago (3/6/2020 UTC) at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Sending to Onjmal, who has this book on their wish list.

Because I received this book as a wish list rabck, and enjoyed that surprise, I have decided to pass it forward in the same way.

Journal Entry 16 by wingOnjmalwing at Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Friday, March 13, 2020
send by mail as a wishlist book - thank you very much