corner corner Vortex Manor

by Elaine Bamford | Children's Books
Registered by -Hazel- on 1/31/2017

status (set by Nu-Knees): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by -Hazel- on Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Found in the Golden Lion, Ripon on Saturday 28 January.

Journal Entry 2 by -Hazel- at Phonebox Library in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 19, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (2/18/2017 UTC) at Phonebox Library in Roecliffe, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

I'm not in the target readership for this group by any means, however I was delighted to find a book in the wild - at the Golden Lion in Ripon while I was at the Hope and Social gig. I read it straight away and have now released it to Roecliffe phone box library while on a bike ride to the nature reserve at Staveley.

Journal Entry 3 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2018

Like -Hazel-, the writer of the previous journal entry, it's many years since I was a teenager, even longer since I was a child, but something about this book drew me to it when donating a couple of others to the Roecliffe red telephone box this afternoon. I don't know why I hadn't noticed it before, as I must have perused the books at this location many times in the past year!
Anyway, I plan to read it and release it elsewhere, possibly in a different part of the country!
It's a shame that the author, who signed it and started it on its journey, isn't a BookCrosser and presumably will never know how we've helped her book to travel!

From Google Overview: "Eleven year old Connie Roberts, daughter of Time Travel inventors, George and Emily, is a talented student at Juniper's School for Girls. The future looks bright, until a tragedy strikes Connie's parents, leaving her alone to discover the truth. Can Connie uncover the mystery surrounding the loss of her parents? Will the surprise gift help in her search for answers? What is the secret of the music box, and who is the old-fashioned lady who mysteriously appears? It's a race against time as past, present and future collide in the house named Vortex Manor."

Journal Entry 4 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Knaresborough, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 24, 2018

What a weird book! 61 pages of a children's time travel tale that just suddenly stops without getting anywhere. It sort of sets the scene in 2115 for a story involving 1915, a girl called Connie whose time travelling parents, George and Emily Roberts, disappear into the past on her 12th birthday, and a boy called Edward who appears in Connie's boarding school - but none of it develops into anything that makes sense. It's an introduction only - not a novel, not even a novella (or children's equivalent), just a few pages of imaginative ideas about a slightly dystopian future . . . . Very weird!

Journal Entry 5 by wingNu-Kneeswing at Wyevale Garden Centre in Poppleton , North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 25, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (2/25/2018 UTC) at Wyevale Garden Centre in Poppleton , North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Left on the bookshelves with the other books raising funds for the Marie Curie Cancer charity. Please be prepared to make a donation to this worthy cause - Thank you!

Well over a million people around the world give their books a unique BookCrossing IDentity number (BCID) before sending them out to find new readers. Since the start of the scheme in April 2001 over twelve million such books have been put into circulation. This is one of them!

Our hope is that we can track the progress of our books once they've left our hands - and that's possible if finders like you visit the website, key in the BCID and leave a comment, however long or short. It's fun, it doesn't have to cost anything, although the site always appreciates donations towards running costs, and you can remain anonymous if you wish. You don't have to join but if you do you'll be able to number and track your own books!