Cavendon Hall: A Novel

by Barbara Taylor Bradford | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingMaranlinwing of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 1/28/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingMaranlinwing from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 28, 2017
Cavendon Hall is home to two families: the aristocratic Inghams and the Swanns who serve them. Charles Ingham, the sixth Earl of Mowbray, lives there with his wife Felicity and their six children. Walter Swann is valet to the Earl and his wife Alice is a clever seamstress in charge of the countess's wardrobe and also makes clothes for the four Ingham daughters. For centuries these two families have lived side by side. With WWI looming both families will find themselves tested in ways they could never have imagined. In this time of uncertainty, one thing is sure: these two families will never be the same again.

Journal Entry 2 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 19, 2017
I am a fan of Barbara Taylor Bradford, and love her characters. This was an interesting book and gave a lot of insight into the class system in Britain in the early 20th century. There are two more books in this series which I look forward to reading.

Journal Entry 3 by wingMaranlinwing at Little Free Library - 2302 Bridge Street in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 10, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (1/10/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - 2302 Bridge Street in Oakville, Ontario Canada

Left at the LFL at 2302 Bridge Street.
Released for the 2020 Clean Start for the New Year Challenge & the 2020 NJABBIC Challenge (week 1: double letters in the title).

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience and I do hope you will use me, Maranlin, as a referring member.