A WOMAN OF INDEPENDENCE : A Story of Love and the Birth of a New Nation

by Kirsty Sword Gusmao | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 0732911974 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Billbooks of Malvern East, Victoria Australia on 1/27/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Billbooks from Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Friday, January 27, 2017
Being released as part of the great downsize of 2017

Journal Entry 2 by Billbooks at Malvern East, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (4/4/2017 UTC) at Malvern East, Victoria Australia

On its way to New Zealand

Journal Entry 3 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, April 11, 2017
BILL you went crazy and found me so many suitable books. Love your generosity.

Kirsty was a spy and activist in the fight for independence. She fell in love with the resistance leader and became the president's wife at the time of Timor's independence in 2002.

Journal Entry 5 by fee19 at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, September 13, 2018
Picked up at the Wellington BX meetup at Trax, September 2018.

Journal Entry 6 by fee19 at Paraparaumu, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, November 04, 2018
Dipped into it - really interesting story. Will take it to release as part of the Bookcrossing Unconvention in Hobart, Tasmania this weekend.

Journal Entry 7 by winggoldenwattlewing at Hobart, Tasmania Australia on Saturday, November 10, 2018
Picked up at the Bookcrossing Unconvention in Hobart. Thank you.

Journal Entry 8 by winggoldenwattlewing at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory Australia on Sunday, November 03, 2019
I read a reasonable proportion of the book, but I did not find the writing held great interest for me. Then I went away for a couple of weeks to Norfolk Island for the Bookcrossing Unconvention and when I returned I had no incentive to pick the book up again and finish it. I will move the book on; likely to my LFL when there is space.

Left in the little free library (86492) in Narrabundah, ACT.

Journal Entry 9 by winggoldenwattlewing at Some Cafe in Collector, New South Wales Australia on Friday, February 14, 2020

Released 7 mos ago (2/14/2020 UTC) at Some Cafe in Collector, New South Wales Australia

I refreshed the books in the little free library, and so I swapped books and took this book to release elsewhere. I left it in Some Café in Collector, NSW. It's on the swap bookshelves inside the café. Enjoy, and it's great if you can please log this book to let previous readers know it has found a new reader and where the book is now. Thank you 🙂.

To the finder, enjoy, and I hope you will write a journal entry so that previous readers will know that this book has been found (even anonymously). It is always a joy to find where it has gone. Once you've read this book, pass it on to a friend, or set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did.
You can remain anonymous but if you are interested in joining please consider using - Goldenwattle as your referrer.
When you pass this book along, please make a release note to let others know where you left it. Thank you.

More information on BookCrossing