O Is for Outlaw

by Sue Grafton | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0330371959 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Andrea99 of Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on 1/25/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Andrea99 from Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 25, 2017
Bought from a charity shop in George Street, Hove on 25 January 2017

Journal Entry 2 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Sunday, June 11, 2017
Another excellent story...... this one has Kinsey's first husband who she divorced some 15 years previously resurface in her life, courtesy of two detectives standing on her doorstep with questions regarding his recent shooting. Turns out he's in hospital in a coma, and his landlord is evicting him for nonpayment of rent to boot. This seems to tie up with three other men who all worked the same stint in Vietnam in 1971, of whom only one is still alive. Can Kinsey joint the dots before she gets clobbered????!

Journal Entry 3 by Andrea99 at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom on Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (6/13/2017 UTC) at Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom

Mailed to a fellow bookcrosser as a RABCK. Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 21, 2017
Thank you for this surprise RABCK!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 20, 2018
Though dated now and at times far fetched I love reading about Kinsey Millhone.

Reserved for earthcaroleanne who is running a KM book spiral. So this book should find a few more readers.

Journal Entry 6 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, May 24, 2018
Arrived today. Thank you very much.

Journal Entry 7 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Falkirk, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 28, 2019
I love learning about Kinsey’s life and we got a bit more of her history with this one. No client this time, she was solving her ex-husband’s mystery.

Journal Entry 8 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, August 30, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/31/2019 UTC) at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Sending out in the ABC murders spiral.

reet petite
diane-fraser
greenbadger
Paws4books
Maranlin
penelopewanders
lamelemon
Ollie 1976

Journal Entry 9 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 07, 2019
Thanks.

Journal Entry 10 by wingReetPetitewing at Beeston, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, October 07, 2019
Good story about Kinsey's first husband. Interesting to read about why she married him & her married life.

Going to Diane-Fraser

Journal Entry 11 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, October 13, 2019
Handed to me in person :-)

Journal Entry 12 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 01, 2020
I was determined to finish this on New year's eve and glad I did.
Posting on to greenbadger this week :-)

Journal Entry 13 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Saturday, January 04, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (1/6/2020 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Posting to greenbadger

Journal Entry 14 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 10, 2020
It's arrived, thank you!

Journal Entry 15 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, January 16, 2020
When an old box of her possessions is found in a storage unit, Kinsey Millhone PI is drawn back to the life she left with her first husband many years ago. With a question over whether she misjudged him and an unsolved murder to investigate, not to mention what exactly is the situation with his love life past and present and what's going on in the Honky Tonk bar, their former haunt, the shadow of the past is hanging over Kinsey, and we get another thrilling episode of action-packed detection as well as a good look at more of her backstory.

Journal Entry 16 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, January 19, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (1/19/2020 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

On its way to Paws4Books who is next in the ring.

Journal Entry 17 by Paws4Books at Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, February 10, 2020
Received a little while ago, hoping to start this soon, I’m over 1/2 way through N

Journal Entry 18 by Paws4Books at Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, March 19, 2020
I thought this was quite an entertaining read really. I was amused in the beginning and quite liked learning a little more about Kingsley’s life. There were some quirky characters that we were introduced to and enough of a mystery to keep me turning the pages. Quite a fun read this one!

Journal Entry 19 by Paws4Books at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada on Thursday, March 19, 2020

Released 6 mos ago (3/19/2020 UTC) at Bookring/Bookray, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- Canada

On its way to Canada for the next person on the spiral. Hope you enjoy!

Journal Entry 20 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, April 21, 2020
I received this book yesterday. Thank you for sending it to me, Paws4Books.

Journal Entry 21 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Saturday, May 09, 2020
This was an interesting read with the usual twists and turns as Kinsey works to solve a mystery or two. She does not have a client this time, but the investigation starts with the discovery of some of Kinsey's possessions left behind when she separated from her first husband some 15 years before.

This will be going to penelopewanders next but I will wait a bit before sending. N is on the way to her and has not yet arrived.

Journal Entry 22 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 06, 2020

Released 2 mos ago (7/6/2020 UTC) at Burlington, Ontario Canada

Mailed today to penelopewanders in Switzerland. Safe travels, little book.

Journal Entry 23 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Tuesday, August 18, 2020
And this one was waiting for me as well when I returned from my holiday... so its journey was much swifter than the one N is for Noose embarked on! Thanks so much for sending, and thanks for this spiral.

Journal Entry 24 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, August 30, 2020
I received this at the same time I got N, and for some reason I started reading this first. Then I decided that I wanted to read them in order, read N and finished this yesterday. I found it intriguing that although we had heard repeatedly that Kinsey had been married and divorced twice, we knew nothing about her first husband. I enjoyed this, and the idea of retracing Mickey's steps to figure out what he was up to was interesting. I did feel badly for Duffy and the way things were resolved. This is here as part of a bookcrossing spiral, I'll try to get it out fairly soon but don't get to the post office much..

Journal Entry 25 by wingpenelopewanderswing at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France on Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Released 1 wk ago (9/13/2020 UTC) at Beaune-la-Rolande, Centre France

From Switzerland to France, and now on its way to Romania, thanks to the Sue Grafton spiral. Thanks for making these available.