The Winter Family

by Clifford Jackman | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBooksandMusicwing of Seattle, Washington USA on 1/24/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingBooksandMusicwing from Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017
I am currently reading this and am listing it with bookstogive's Lit/Fic VBB. It is "outlaw fiction".

It irritates me that it does not show the cover art. This is a newish book, 2015, and it has a good cover. Read the global overview for both the cover art and the description.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, January 25, 2017
During the Civil War a man named Quentin is put in charge of a group of men. He totally ignores the orders he has been given and takes a core group of the men and leads them where he wants to in order to carry out his own insane and violent needs. Soon the war is over, but not for these men who are now outlaws and murderers. Augustine Winter becomes the leader of the group, the men fear and respect him. He doesn't kill for the thrill like Quentin, but he doesn't hesitate either. He leads the group for 25 years. One day he walks away, after a firefight in a town where he is betrayed by one of the gang. Some of them find a more peaceful existence. Then a civilized white man who is greedy for some more land and a Pinkerton detective set on "justice" manage to reactivate the gang for a final showdown. That is a very brief synopsis, there is a lot that goes on in this book and many things to think about regarding war, criminality, justice, loyalty, greed, friendship, and free will. Violence is on nearly, or maybe all of the pages of this book. It is written in a spare and factual manner, impressive writing, and I wonder if I have swallowed a literary bomb that will later explode emotionally within me.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, May 21, 2017
I am saving this book for the W authors bookring

Journal Entry 4 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Little Free Library in Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (6/6/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library in Seattle, Washington USA

Little Free Library on 37th NE near NE 57th