Quintessence - Erotic Adventures of Fantasy and Desire

by Christine Leov Lealand | Graphic Novels |
Registered by charmedwitch23 of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 3/11/2004
Journal Entry 1 by charmedwitch23 from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, March 11, 2004
This is the 100th book I have registered on Bookcrossing. Started reading it now.

From the back: 'Awaken your innermost desires with this remarkable and original novel. For the women at the agency there's a world of erotic adventure unfolding as they explore both the city and their deepest desires. Quintessence pushes the boundaries between sexual fantasy and reality as Tiffany, Louise and their friends begin a sensual journey of indescribable delights. Dare you join them?'

Journal Entry 2 by charmedwitch23 from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, March 15, 2004

I would like to offer this book up as an International Bookring. Those who are interested PM me. Tell me what city you live in and your postage preferences when you do. There is no need to send me your actual address as I am not collecting addresses. The person ahead of you will ask you for it.

The International Bookring recipients are:(PLEASE NOTE - this list may change due to your countries importing rules, and maintaining the cheapest postage route)
Mundoo - SA, Australia
BooksnBeer - Virginia, USA
WritinReader - Kentucky, USA
Aramena - Oklahoma, USA
Kicket - North Carolina, USA
Moviechic3 - North Carolina, USA (must be 3rd last(adding a 2nd book))
Murmurrr - WA, Australia (agreed to read/pass on both books)
Catsalive - NSW, Australia (agreed to read/pass on both books)
Then back to me Charmedwitch23.

Instructions;
1. Sign up for this BookRing by sending me a Private Message. New members may be slotted in.

2. When the person above you on the list finishes the book, they will send you a Private Message to ask for your mailing address. If you are too busy to read the book in the next few weeks, let me know and I will move you down the list.

3. Make a journal entry when you receive the book to let us know you got it.

4. When you finish the book, make another journal entry telling us what you thought.

5. Send a Private Message to the person after you on the bookring list and request their mailing address. If the person doesn't answer within 7 days, please PM the one after, and then me.

6. Send the book on its way. Please post the book in a manner that is waterproof, eg. in a ziplock plastic bag inside the envelope or in a envelope pre-lined with plastic bubble wrap.

Thankyou.

Journal Entry 3 by charmedwitch23 at on Wednesday, March 31, 2004
Released on Wednesday, March 31, 2004 at posted to another Bookcrosser in Goolwa, South Australia Controlled Releases.

Posted to Mundoo as the start of the Bookring for this book. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by Mundoo from Hindmarsh Island, South Australia Australia on Monday, April 12, 2004
Received this book today in the mail

Journal Entry 5 by Mundoo from Hindmarsh Island, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, April 20, 2004
An easy read. Actually not much great substance in the storylines, a lot of descriptions of sexual excitement, which by about the middle of the book became quite boring. Not an erotic book. Was an interesting twist with Daniella but the outcome was predictable. And Allen was the prick we knew him to be.

Sending it on to guinevere69

Journal Entry 6 by guinevere69 from Willetton, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, April 28, 2004
Got in mail yesterday
Lots of very explicit sex very strangely unerotic, well it didn't do anything for me anyway. A sort of chic lit book with a twist I suppose, easy read but not recommended unless you don't mind a bit of hard core.

Journal Entry 7 by gypsyrose02 from Byford, Western Australia Australia on Friday, May 07, 2004
part of a bookring. recieved on thursday 6/5/04. will read and pass on.

Journal Entry 8 by gypsyrose02 from Byford, Western Australia Australia on Monday, May 10, 2004
have only read half of this. will be posting it to succulent either today, may 11th or tomorrow.

Journal Entry 9 by succulent from Denmark, Western Australia Australia on Friday, May 14, 2004
Received this book in the mail today from gypsyrose....one day after another bookring book so I will have plenty to read in my "spare" moments ! Fortunately they are both easy reads so I should get through them quite quickly.

Journal Entry 10 by succulent from Denmark, Western Australia Australia on Saturday, May 15, 2004
This book was a very quick read,and quite educational for an innocent like me. I'm not into kinky sex though and some of it really turned me off. I also think it wasn't a well-written book. I was hoping for good quality erotica...maybe one day I will find it!I will send this off to newk soon

Journal Entry 11 by newk from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Monday, May 24, 2004
arrived today. I shall get to it soon. Thanks to all before me.

Journal Entry 12 by newk from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Wednesday, May 26, 2004
I bumped this up the pile coz I knew it would be a quick read. It was OK. Maybe 10 or 20 years ago it would have done more for me. Some interesting and amusing parts.
I wonder how real life some of the characters' thoughts and actions are??
And I didn't know that our friends in the land of the long white cloud said "gidday".
Thanks to charmed witch and all who have passed this book on.
Posted tonight in the red letter box down the street. Pre paid airmail envelope. I would guess ten to 14 days

Journal Entry 13 by minabomb from Estoril, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, June 07, 2004
hi there....the book arrived safely today at Portugal....tanks charmedwitch and newk for the book and for the flyer of Australia....someday i hope to go there....i'll keep the flyer..because in Portugal we can not send other things except books in editorial mail and because i like it...thank you newk

i'll start reading it today if possible...and try not to take long....

Journal Entry 14 by minabomb from Estoril, Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Sunday, June 13, 2004
i've finished it today...it was a entertaining book...not very well written, because the situations seemed to perfect, without anything ever going wrong...no setbacks

It's an interesting book nevertheless for those who would like to explore more of their sex lives...altought i think there are better ways to those described in the book...

the best thing about the book is that... explores the question about sexuality,heterosexuality and bisexuality...and therefore...it can contribute to dismistificate some prejudices....

i'll pass it soon to Di78

thanks for the bookring

Journal Entry 15 by Di78 from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Monday, June 28, 2004
Received a few days by post but just now have time to register.
I will try to read it asap.

Journal Entry 16 by Di78 from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Tuesday, September 14, 2004
I've finish it a few days ago in my holidays but just now have the time to make the jounal entry. Sorry for the delay.

I agree with minabomb opinion in all ways.

Gone to Mfa on September 16.

Journal Entry 17 by charmedwitch23 from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, January 24, 2005
mfa has contacted me, she has the book and has read it but life is a turmoil at the moment for her with a new addition to her family and other things. She assures me she will pass this on as soon as she can. Thankyou mfa.

Journal Entry 18 by mfa from Lisboa - City, Lisboa (cidade) Portugal on Thursday, February 17, 2005
that's right... i owe everybody an apology, because i should have journaled this months ago, when di78 handed it to me. but pregnancy, the birth of my daughter and new housing arrangements kept my mind too busy this past while to do anything (but reading...). however, i managed to «rescue» the book from a box yesterday, and have already pmed foxy737 and hope to post this really soon.

the sentence at the front page (the one about the author being interested in meeting figments of her imagination) made me drull at the prospect of a witty erotic book... which didn't materialize altogether, i must say. however, i enjoyed reading this and think highly of its intention to picture female sexuality in its many forms. even if on the whole some of them ended up a bit stereotypical, especially in what regards to dominant/submissive roles - there was too much «the story of o» in the subtext, i thought. and too much explosive, always heavenly and superbe sex... not very realistic in statistical terms, and that always annoys me in this erotica books.
thank you very much charmedwitch23, for the ring and understanding.

Journal Entry 19 by foxy737 from Westgate on Sea, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 02, 2005
thanks to postman who got through the snow with this will read asap and forward and rejournal with rating.

Journal Entry 20 by foxy737 from Westgate on Sea, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, March 14, 2005
didn't think much of this unfortunately gave up half way through when it did eventually have any action between characters it was clinical and far from sexy and erotic. passed onto chivers next on list, mailed 1st class airmail 14th march 2005 continuing on it's journey.

Journal Entry 21 by chivers from Recife, Pernambuco Brazil on Sunday, April 10, 2005
i received the book 2 or 3 weeks ago and simply forgot to journal. anyway, i finished reading it now and it is ready to be sent to the next participant, as soon as i get an address...
a very quick read and an ok book. thanks charmedwitch23 for letting me join the bookring.

Journal Entry 22 by themarina from Coquitlam, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Woohoo! Looks fabulous! Thank you! ;)