Xenophobe's Guide to the Danes

Registered by CathrineB of Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on 8/4/2017
Journal Entry 1 by CathrineB from Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Friday, August 04, 2017
"A frank and funny look at what makes the Danes Danish"

"The Danes
Illuminating insights into their character and quirks."

(Xenophobia - a phobia about foreigners beeing foreign)

I've read a few pages and I find it pretty interesting and funny.

Journal Entry 2 by CathrineB at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Saturday, August 05, 2017
A mostly funny and interesting book, although a few topics bored me a bit. I got some good laughs while reading!

An example from the book:
"Deep down Danes believe that being Danish is a privilege and makes them special. They say that if Scandinavia is a bowl of rice pudding, Denmark is the 'smørhul' - the golden hollow in the middle, full of melted butter. Ask them why , however, and they are unlikely to be able to string together enough positive adjevtives to convince you. Sentences containing more than two such words promt most Danes' innate 'anti-brag' filter on kick in. Positive words used by youngsters to mean 'cool' include fedt (fat) and sej (tough), both of which can be applied to bacon."

Journal Entry 3 by CathrineB at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway on Monday, December 03, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (12/3/2018 UTC) at Hønefoss, Buskerud fylke Norway

A bookring book has started its journey!

Journal Entry 4 by LeishaCamden at Alna bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, December 17, 2018
The book is with me, along with its traveling companions. I'm not a super fan of Denmark, but I'm still looking forward to reading this book. :-)