The Sacrifice (Robert Wells trilogy)

by Bruce Mutard | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 1/9/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Monday, January 09, 2017
The wheel of change spins,

and you jump off
or get very very sick.

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (1/24/2017 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This lucky little book is part of Spacedog's Manga/Graphic novels bookbox! :D

This is a VERY involved storyline. Not a quick read by any shake of the stick! lol

I found it particularly intriguing, as it's all taking place in Australia and the book I think is by an Australian. :)

So a new perspective on how things were during the war. I can't remember if it's talking about WW I or WWII but I think it's the first war.

But like I said, it's detailed and involved and allows time to get to know the characters. It's not a very appealing life to me, but it's interesting to see how people lived during that time in Austrialia. It's not the greatest graphic novel but I'm not sorry I read it. :)

(you might need to do a few push up to have the strength to hold the behemouth up though! lol)

Journal Entry 3 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, February 03, 2017
Taken from the Manga Bookbox

Journal Entry 4 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, August 25, 2017
I found this a very interesting account of Australian life during WWII. The different opinions on the war and the impacts it was making on the day to day life were often new to me, as most WWII stories seem to focus on European and American settings. There were some similarities, like racial and national paranoia leading to virtual imprisonment for the unlucky targeted groups, and some differences, such as the lack of concern for direct attacks on the character's homeland. There was also a lot of comparison with WWI and mentions of continuing effects, which I feel like I haven't seen very often despite the two wars being quite close together.

I liked the straightforward art style and the smooth pacing made this large book feel surprisingly short, but found it hard to tell some of the characters apart.

Journal Entry 5 by emmejo at Little Free Library #47780 in Ithaca, New York USA on Thursday, October 19, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (10/19/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library #47780 in Ithaca, New York USA

Added to the LFL

Journal Entry 6 by yoshi-toast at Ithaca, New York USA on Tuesday, October 24, 2017
To be read