Amberlough: A Novel

by Lara Elena Donnelly | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingbookczukwing of Charleston, South Carolina USA on 1/2/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbookczukwing from Charleston, South Carolina USA on Monday, January 02, 2017
My first book of the year and, holy moly! If the rest of the 2017 books follow trend, it's gonna be a hella good year! The early reviews haven't lied. Amberlough truly does bring the reader a plate filled with espionage, intrigue, panache,and passion, with a dash of cabaret life, thrown in. This is one case where the cover doesn't lie. (Though I will admit, that as I started the book, there were some similarities between current political happenings and the happenings in the book, which, when the manuscript was being written weren't in evidence, that made me a little nervous. Then the story just grabbed me and didn't let go.)
I hope there's a sequel, but give me time to grow my finger nails back (or to break my nail biting habit.)

A proper review coming when 1) I'm feeling better (started the new year sick. Am hoping this means it only gets better) and 2) am caught up on other reviews, also pending.

To the author: blame your editor for sending me your way, but you turned me into a fangirl all on you own.

tags:2017-read, advanced-reader-copy, tor, reallyexcitedtoread, didn-t-want-to-put-it-down, first-novel-or-book, great-cover, fantasy, will-look-for-more-by-this-author, wow, rounded-up-in-star-rating

Journal Entry 2 by wingbookczukwing at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Thursday, September 28, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/28/2017 UTC) at Charleston, South Carolina USA

Sending to my sister as a surprise.

To the future finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

If you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us! I've been a BookCrosser since 2003 and have found books left by others, discovered new authors to read, watched my books travel all over the world, and discovered a delightful group of readers online through BookCrossing.

Journal Entry 3 by alrescate at Strafford, Missouri USA on Tuesday, October 03, 2017
My sister sent me a box of interesting books! I cannot wait to start reading them!

Journal Entry 4 by alrescate at Strafford, Missouri USA on Thursday, February 07, 2019
This is another book my sister sent that got lost in Mt. Toberead. I found it interesting, if a bit predictable in spots. I was very pleased I was able to see a production of Cabaret while reading this...it gave it a bit more poignancy. I see there is another book out already, so I might check that out at the library. (The covers are different on the ARC than the published book...I like the ARC cover better!)

Journal Entry 5 by alrescate at Strafford, Missouri USA on Thursday, February 07, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (2/8/2019 UTC) at Strafford, Missouri USA

Sending this to a friend who might enjoy it.