One Minute with God for Women Gift Edition

by Hope Lyda | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by wingSouthernfryedwing of Lexington, South Carolina USA on 12/31/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingSouthernfryedwing from Lexington, South Carolina USA on Saturday, December 31, 2016
Received this book as a Christmas gift from a friend. I am reserving it as I plan to read it in 2017.

2/22/2017
Laughter (pg 55)...Turn up the joy in your day...Lift up an offering of a joyful heart.

3/13/2017
Philippians 4:8 "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things."

3/27/2017
Savoring Satisfaction (p. 75)...build up your daily life by embracing it, seeing the good, and celebrating each gift of goodness that comes your way.

6/22/2017
Clank! compares a broken shopping cart with the broken things in our life.

The above are some of my favorite devotionals that I felt spoke to me at the moment I read them at exactly where I was and what I needed. I am sending this book to fellow bookcrosser, Bookworminusall in hopes that she finds as much enjoyment as I did in these words.

to the finder:
WELCOME TO BOOKCROSSING!
Please make a journal entry to let me know this book is safe. You may remain anonymous if you wish. If you are new to bookcrossing and decide to join, please consider using SOUTHERNFRYED as the referring member. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/3/2018 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

book went out in the mail today to Bookworminusall

Journal Entry 3 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Arrived late yesterday 1/16/18 with it's travelling companion "Jesus Calling"...the day before was Martin Luther King Day and with no mail service, the Mailman had a lot to deliver today...in the middle of the chaos of mandatory roof repair and painting that's been added to the list of challenges during the past few months. This introduction excerpt says it all!!! "Just a Minute...One minute? That's what you allot an egg to be cooked for breakfast, a commercial to entice you, a meter to keep you ticket free for a quick stop. So one minute with God seems a bit...meager. Ah, but a minute can turn into so much more."...and it DID!!! ; D THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for sharing this little devotional, Southernfryed. I look forward to spending many special minutes with it!!! ; )

Journal Entry 4 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, December 30, 2018
I rarely rate a book that I've read, as I do not wish to influence another's choice in whether or not it is one they should read based on my opinion. All books have their own way of helping one make that choice, we all receive something from any given book that is for us alone to receive, and all of us have differing opinions about them. I am making an exception with this book, which in my humble opinion is a "10"!!! ; ) For me..."One Minute with GOD for Women" evokes the thought that one minute with GOD is NEVer enough, and these words from the back cover speak volumes..."Life is sacred. There's nothing ordinary or trivial about who you are and what you do. Center your life on God's peace and live with full awareness of God's love. When you celebrate the privilege of being alive and knowing God, you're savoring the sacred." I thoroughly enjoyed this little book of wisdom, and found that each and every one of its meditations and prayers, which I read randomly, by picking up the book and opening it to wherever it opened at that particular moment in the day, offered exactly what I needed many times throughout each day. Today's "Let Loose" entry I opened to in the JOY category beginning with this sentence..."Something changes in my spirit when a laugh or a smile emerges seemingly out of nowhere."...was no exception. ; ) THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, Southernfryed, for sharing it with me. I plan to RABCK it forward in tandem with "Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence" by Sarah Young https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/14342552 , as I received it from you at the beginning of this year (2018...where DID it GO!!!), to a fellow Bookcrosser as a New Year 2019 SURPRISE RABCK in the next few days, and will make release notes at that time. ; )

1/1/2019 Happy New Year SSM

zbird's 4th Annual 2019 CLEAN START for the NEW YEAR

jumpingin's January 2019 Ultimate Read/Release Challenge Thread

booklady331's 2019 Keep Them Moving (KTM) Release Challenge

Secretariat's 2018 NJABBIC Release Challenge, 4th Quarter (WK 52: Anything Goes)

Journal Entry 5 by wingBOOKWORMINUSALLwing at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Monday, January 07, 2019

Released 9 mos ago (1/7/2019 UTC) at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA

TO THE FINDER OF THIS BOOK:

HELLO...WELCOME to BOOKCROSSING...and CONGRATULATIONS!

You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BOOKCROSSING http://www.bookcrossing.com/about. Maybe you'll even decide to make a journal entry on this book, possibly listing me...BOOKWORMINUSALL...as the one who referred you. We want to make the whole world a library! You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend, or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), it's fun, it's free, and it's spam-free...all thanks to our dedicated totally AWESOME BOOKCROSSING MANAGEMENT http://www.bookcrossing.com/management, and SUPPORT TEAMS!!!

HAPPY READING!

Journal Entry 6 by elizardbreath at Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Monday, January 21, 2019
Thank you so much for sending this my way! It's been a long time since I've gone through a daily devotional like this. I look forward to it!