The beggar and the hare

by Tuomas Kyrö | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingsakirmowing of Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on 12/27/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingsakirmowing from Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, December 27, 2016
"Vatanescu is striving for a better life, and with it a pair of football boots for his son - but his search has led him to collecting small change on the streets of Helsinki, and he needs something drastic to change his fortunes..."

Journal Entry 2 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (12/28/2016 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

The book goes out to the winner of Home Sweet Home sweeps. I've read others by this author but actually not this one - and I decided not to read an English translation of a Finnish book at the moment. Well, I hope it turns out to be the kind of book that the winner enjoys anyway :)

** Kolmenkympin haaste # 15: hare = jänis

Journal Entry 3 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Saturday, December 31, 2016
Thanks a lot for the book sakirmo! Haven't read many books from Finnish authors, so I'm very curious.
Have a great 2017!

****

Really enjoyed this book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Monday, January 29, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/29/2018 UTC) at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

The book is travelling to the winner of the "Authors from unusual countries" sweepstake. I hope Finland is exotic enough :). Congratulations and enough the read!

Journal Entry 5 by wingJ4shawwing at Boise, Idaho USA on Thursday, February 08, 2018
This book arrived today with 2 others from other BCers.......its looking a lot like I am the lucky winner of the Authors from unusual countries sweepstakes - January 2018.

Thank you so much for sending to me sedna5213. I'm not sure I've read anything Finnish before!
Thank you also sakirmo for organisiing the Sweeps.
Who knows, maybe this will be the year I manage to complete the 666 - an around the world reading challenge.