The Girls of Slender Means

by Muriel Spark | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winglunaciawing of Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 4/7/2017
Journal Entry 1 by winglunaciawing from Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 07, 2017
This is London 1945, when all nice people are poor. Muriel Spark sets us down among the girls of good family but slender means as they fight it out, from their Kensington hostel to the last clothing coupon until this charmingly light-hearted period in their lives descends into horror and tragedy.

Journal Entry 2 by winglunaciawing at Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, April 07, 2017
This book has been on my shelf for a good while, but I finally got around to register and read it.

I really enjoyed this book, though it's a fairly quick read.

Journal Entry 3 by winglunaciawing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, April 20, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

SURPRISE! ;-D

I hope you enjoy this books as much as I did, BAMP. :-)

Will be given as a RABCK at the convention the week end of 21 - 23 April 2017.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBAMPwing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 21, 2017
Thank you so much, lunacia! I have read at least one book by Muriel Spark and I liked it very much, so now I am looking forward to read this.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Wednesday, July 19, 2017
#431 of '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'.

I realyl enjoy this reading. I think Muriel Spark is a master in writing long stories with many surprises on a few pages.

Journal Entry 6 by wingBAMPwing at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 02, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (2/1/2018 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Good luck with collecting 1001-books!

Journal Entry 7 by JosefinJ at Kristinehamn, Värmland Sweden on Saturday, February 03, 2018
Just got this book by mail. Will be fun reading it!