To the Lighthouse

by Virginia Woolf | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winglunaciawing of Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on 1/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by winglunaciawing from Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, January 22, 2017
Mr and Mrs Ramsay and their eight children have always holidayed at their summer house in Skye, surrounded by family friends. The novel's opening section teems with the noise, complications, bruised emotions, joys and quiet tragedies of everyday family life that might go on forever. But time passes, bringing with it war and death, and the summer home stands empty until one day, many years later, when the family return to make the long-postponed visit to the lighthouse.

Journal Entry 2 by winglunaciawing at Sandnes, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, January 28, 2017
It's a long while since I first read anything by Virginia Woolf - I read Mrs Dalloway over 20 years ago, and loved it. I have had this book on my shelf for ages and ages, and finally got around to read it. I throughoutly enjoyed this book, even though it's a low key read. Not much really happens, but I love how you get an insight in all the different characters' views. Stream of conciousness seems to be right up my alley!

Journal Entry 3 by winglunaciawing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, April 20, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

To my NSSF at the bookcrossing convention in Oslo 21 - 23 April 2017!

I hope you like this book, at least half as much as I did. :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingoehoeboeroewing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 21, 2017
One of the. Ooks from the NSS! Thank you lunacia ;-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingoehoeboeroewing at Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, January 05, 2018
i tried to read this book twice, but i don't have a 'click' with it. It's a pity. Perhaps it is because it's in english which make reading a bit more difficult than if it was in dutch, but i think it's the book itself. I stopped and the book wil continue its travel!

Journal Entry 6 by wingoehoeboeroewing at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 01, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (1/31/2018 UTC) at OBCZ-Westerpark in Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

yesterday on the shelf. No idea weather it's still there.........