corner corner Buried In a Bog (A County Cork Mystery)

Buried In a Bog (A County Cork Mystery)
by Sheila Connolly | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by nmugirl of Frankfort, Michigan USA on 12/13/2016

status (set by jumpingin): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by nmugirl from Frankfort, Michigan USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2016

A book for a friend that I found at the free box at work.

Journal Entry 2 by nmugirl at Frankfort, Michigan USA on Friday, December 16, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (12/13/2016 UTC) at Frankfort, Michigan USA

The book was place in a secret anta package.

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, January 06, 2017

Thanks so much for this first-in-series mystery! I've had my eye on it for a while, but apparently didn't have it on my wishlist...but you read my mind!

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, July 01, 2017

I enjoyed this very much. Loved the setting in a small Irish village, and found the characters to be real. I got a good sense of village life centered around the local pub. I also liked that Maura is from Boston. :-) The plot tied past and present together nicely. I’ll definitely look forward to reading the next installment (Scandal in Skibbereen) when I find it!

Thank you again, nmugirl!

Amazon:
National bestselling and Agatha Award-nominated author Sheila Connolly introduces a brand-new series set in a small village in County Cork, Ireland, where buried secrets are about to rise to the surface...

Honoring the wish of her late grandmother, Maura Donovan visits the small Irish village where her Gran was born—though she never expected to get bogged down in a murder mystery. Nor had she planned to take a job in one of the local pubs, but she finds herself excited to get to know the people who knew her Gran.

In the pub, she’s swamped with drink orders as everyone in town gathers to talk about the recent discovery of a nearly one-hundred-year-old body in a nearby bog. When Maura realizes she may know something about the dead man—and that the body’s connected to another, more recent, death—she fears she’s about to become mired in a homicide investigation. After she discovers the death is connected to another from almost a century earlier, Maura has a sinking feeling she may really be getting in over her head...
----------------
Reserved for bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB (Round 19)

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Released 6 mos ago (11/7/2017 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to jumpingin via bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB.

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by wingjumpinginwing at Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, November 20, 2017

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to reading this!