Last Days of Summer

by Steve Kluger | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbethiebwing of Hopkinsville, Kentucky USA on 12/10/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingbethiebwing from Hopkinsville, Kentucky USA on Saturday, December 10, 2016
I love this book and always get a sappy feeling when I see it. I'm happy to send this copy to fulfill a birthday wish. I'm sorry that it's so late!

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Thank you for the fun birthday package! I'm not sure how this book ended up on my wishlist - I suspect I read someone else's review here - but it does sound like something I will enjoy. I was mediocre (at best) when it came to softball, but I've been a fan of baseball for as long as I can remember: my grandfather helped coach the 1969 PONY League World Series Champions from Honolulu, and my grandmother was probably a bigger baseball fan than he was.

This book may (AFTER I'm done reading it) end up being released at a University of Hawaii baseball game sometime in the first half of 2017. We try to go to a few games every season, and I'm always looking for themed books to release at the stadium. :D

(Larger photo here - after following link, click on image to zoom.)

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Also: I think BWB uses media mail to Hawaii which can take 3 weeks even without the Christmas craziness. So don't worry too much if it takes a while for the book to get here - I'll be sure to journal it when it arrives. :)

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, January 04, 2017
This ex-library book from Haverhill Public Library (haven't been to Haverhill but I know people there) arrived today - thank you very much! The book is now properly labeled and ready for me to read. :)

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 06, 2018
I was hoping to read this book, eventually, but I need to downsize drastically so it will be looking for a new reader. Happy travels, book!

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at UH Murakami Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 06, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/6/2018 UTC) at UH Murakami Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Saturday, May 5, 218: left at the 3rd base concession. (Larger photo here.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let this book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!