Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen: A Year-Round Christmas Mystery

by Vicki Delany | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingheartthumperwing of Hutchinson, Kansas USA on 12/6/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016
Found at Bookends, my favorite used book store!

Loved it!

FIRST IN A NEW SERIES!

In Rudolph, New York, it’s Christmastime all year long. But this December, while the snow-lined streets seem merry and bright, a murder is about to ruin everyone’s holiday cheer…

As the owner of Mrs. Claus’s Treasures, Merry Wilkinson knows how to decorate homes for the holidays. That’s why she thinks her float in the semi-annual Santa Claus parade is a shoe-in for best in show. But when the tractor pulling Merry’s float is sabotaged, she has to face facts: there’s a Scrooge in Christmas Town.

Merry isn’t ready to point fingers, especially with a journalist in town writing a puff piece about Rudolph’s Christmas spirit. But when she stumbles upon the reporter’s body on a late night dog walk—and police suspect he was poisoned by a gingerbread cookie crafted by her best friend, Vicky—Merry will have to put down the jingle bells and figure out who’s really been grinching about town, before Vicky ends up on Santa’s naughty list…

Journal Entry 2 by wingheartthumperwing at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (12/20/2016 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

HGG 2016... Merry Christmas to Southernfryed! Hope you enjoy this little mystery.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Friday, December 23, 2016
WOW! What a lovely surprise in my mailbox today! Thank you hearttumper, you know I love a good mystery and thanks too for the postcards and mycokereward caps with codes. Can't wait to use them all. (My dream vacation is to cruise to Alaska-love the postcards.)

11/5/2019
I chose to read this book this month because I need a Christmas book for an upcoming exchange and because it meets Plum-Crazy's "What to Read Thread" for November of Collective Nouns (Murder of Crows). I enjoyed this story very much. I liked the characters and I didn't figure out "Who Dunnit" before time. In this story, Merry Wilkinson is a shopkeeper in the sleepy little town of Rudolph, NY where they celebrate Christmas year round. Merry finds a dead body while out walking her dog one evening. Then there is a string of strange coincidences/accidents that has shopkeepers and town officials worried that people will stop coming to Rudolph to spend their money on Christmas items.
*Reserved for Christmas exchange

Journal Entry 4 by wingSouthernfryedwing at Lexington, South Carolina USA on Thursday, November 14, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (11/14/2019 UTC) at Lexington, South Carolina USA

Secret Santa package left this morning.

Journal Entry 5 by RNAi at Fairmont, West Virginia USA on Monday, November 18, 2019
Oh a cozy mystery with a REALLY cute upper on the front cover!! This was given to me as part of my Secret Santa gift, and I'm so excited to read it! I think I will bake some cookies with the cookie cutter and new oven mitts (sorely needed, thank you) and enjoy a cozy mystery this winter :D Thank you so much, Southernfryed!