The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge

by Michael Punke | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by BooksnBeer of Annandale, Virginia USA on 12/1/2016
Journal Entry 1 by BooksnBeer from Annandale, Virginia USA on Thursday, December 01, 2016
This book will be going on a journey - Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 2 by winginnaewing at Aurora, Colorado USA on Tuesday, December 13, 2016
Came to Colorado in the R bookring. I am going to let this one travel on (interesting that I have had a version of this book now pass through my hands a few times, and still not interested).

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, January 30, 2017
Came with the "R" title book ring. I will keep this one.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, March 03, 2019
The author does a great job of describing the western US back in 1823. Isolated, dangerous, but breath taking beautiful as well. The word REVENANT is defined as "a person who returns, especially supposedly from the dead." The story centers around legendary "mountain man" Hugh Glass. The time period is the early 1820's, when traders and fur companies were searching out domains in the Rocky Mountains, and in the present day states of Nebraska, Wyoming, Colorado, Montana, and the Dakotas. It is also a time only 18 years removed from the return of Lewis and Clark from the Pacific. I haven't seen the movie and I probably won't.

Reserved for ABC VBB 3/3/19