Life at the Shallow End (Electra Brown)

Registered by winganathema-devicewing of Graz, Steiermark Austria on 11/21/2016
Journal Entry 1 by winganathema-devicewing from Graz, Steiermark Austria on Monday, November 21, 2016
This may be a little weird. I was reading up on unsolved mysteries and people who disappeared, and another link to a newspaper article or two led me to learn about the tragic death of Helen Bailey. And then I sort of got curious about her YA books, which I'd never even heard of. So... here we go!

Journal Entry 2 by winganathema-devicewing at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Tuesday, November 29, 2016
Yeah. I tried. Then I skipped and skimmed. It's not just that I'm wayyyyy too old for this book (even though I don't technically believe in the concept of "reading age") - I think I've *always* been too old for this book. There is *nothing* going on apart from what's in the blurb, and the rest is teenage babble of the sort that I just can't identify with in the least, not even if I try and read it as my own teenage self from a million years ago.

Hope this book will find a new reader who really enjoys it.

Journal Entry 3 by winganathema-devicewing at Graz, Steiermark Austria on Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/30/2016 UTC) at Graz, Steiermark Austria

Holiday Gift Giving surprise for a LFL in need of YA books! :))

Journal Entry 4 by authorauthor at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 09, 2017
I see that I never journaled this when I received it last year. I am so sorry for my negligence. I read the book when I first received it. It was fun, but it's not the kind of YA book that's of huge interest for adults. At least not this adult. I left it in my Little Free Library, and it was borrowed for some time. Recently it appeared in the library again. Next, I'm going to pass it on to my BookCrossing group to find other readers.

Journal Entry 5 by authorauthor at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 09, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/10/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

I'm giving this one away at the BC-DC Holiday Party.

********************************

Welcome to BookCrossing!

If you pass it on to someone or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find, please make another journal entry or release notes here to explain that it's traveling to find another home.

You can remain anonymous on the website or join BookCrossing. Joining is free, safe, and spam-free and you'll get an e-mail every time a new person finds this book and logs in on the site to say so. You'll be able to watch it move around and find out where it's been and what other readers thought of it.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingSqnutZipswing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, December 11, 2017
Chose this book from the annual BCinDC"1st Line Wrap it Up" holiday party, which is always a loads of fun gathering of good people, good books and good food.

The 1st line of this book which attracted my attention is:

"What on earth possesses a parent to saddle a child with a ridiculous name like Apple, or Peaches or Dweezil?"

Journal Entry 7 by wingSqnutZipswing at La Madeleine Bakery & Cafe in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, February 17, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (2/18/2018 UTC) at La Madeleine Bakery & Cafe in Alexandria, Virginia USA

This young adult (YA) novel is being released at the February BCinDC meet-up in the memory of Becky the daughter of fellow BC'er ResQGeek. Becky loved animals in general, especially horses and cats. She was born on Valentine's day. She would be 17 yo this year. Her favorite colors were red & pink. This book has a pink cover.

see http://www.BeckysHugs.com

To the person who finds this book.....
Keep it or release it, read it or not, but please make a journal entry to let me know it's been found. Keep it, pass it on to a friend or release it into the wild.... let the journey continue.....

If you are new to BookCrossing, welcome! You can remain anonymous or join BookCrossing it's free, spam free and loads of fun.

Journal Entry 8 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, February 19, 2018
This book came home with me today from the BCinDC meetup at La Madeleine bakery and café in Alexandria, Virginia. Thank you for the book!

Journal Entry 9 by wingSqnutZipswing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, February 19, 2018
I chose this book at the annual BCinDC 1st line wrap it up party. The 1st line of this book being an issue close to my heart.

This is a young adult (YA) novel. Looking at the other reviews of this book I decided not to read it but to pass it on to another reader (so many books, too little time). However yesterday on the way to the monthly BCinDC meet-up I read the 1st chapter and thoroughly enjoyed it. The 1st chapter was so funny and sadly so true....why would a parent saddle a child with a ridiculous name. Looking through the local legal paper re:name changes etc. you see a lot of people who change their given name for all kinds of reasons. There was a child named Pneumonia Jones, there were siblings Ura and Ima Hogg.....why would a parent do that?

Quickly skimming the other chapters I figured it was totally geared to the YA audience and passed it on.

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 11 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 08, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (5/19/2018 UTC) at Gaithersburg City Hall Concert Pavilion and Grounds in Gaithersburg, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book in the BookCrossing booth at the Gaithersburg Book festival!

----------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a
library!