Manna from Hades (Cornish Mysteries)

by Carola Dunn | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 11/15/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 15, 2016
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

This copy bought from a charity shop especially for Bookcrossing.

Amazon Editorial Review

Eleanor Trewynn, recently widowed, returns home from years of working overseas to retire to the cozy village of Port Maybn in Cornwall, England. Even in retirement though, she continues her charity work, leasing out the first floor of her house to a charity shop. One morning as she opens the shop, she finds both a particularly valuable donation and a corpse stuffed into the storeroom. The donation is linked to a violent robbery in London but the corpse looks nothing like the robbers being sought by the police. With the help of her niece, Detective Sergeant Megan Pencarrow, and, begrudgingly, Detective Inspector Scumble, Eleanor is determined to unscramble this confounding case of daring theft, double cross, and murder most foul.The first book in a charming crime series set in Cornwall. Perfect for curling up on the sofa and losing yourself in the mystery of the book.

I have another copy of this sitting on the TBR mountain!

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (3/24/2017 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

On its way to Finlald as an "extra" in the European Wishlist Tag Game Hope you enjoy it :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, April 03, 2017
Wow, a new acquaintance for me! It looks very interesting.

The weather was like this in Helsinki on Friday when the post arrived. We got suddenly some new snow, and in Helsinki it was still to be seen in the evening when I left for home.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, April 16, 2018
Wow! I love this book. I must look for the next part of this series. It would be very nice to really visit Cornwall, too. The scenery sounds wonderful.

This is my book #57 in the Reduce Mount TBR 2018 -challence by Dove-i-libri.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnneliswing at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (5/29/2018 UTC) at Pori, Satakunta Finland

Towards Pori we travel, the book and me!
Happy reading!

Book #67 in the 2018 Keep Them Moving -challence by Booklady331

Journal Entry 6 by myrtillus at Pori, Satakunta Finland on Thursday, May 31, 2018
I found this book in Beach Bag 2017. Seems interesting! :) Thank you!