Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery)

by Dawn Eastman | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by hopeinnc of Union Grove, North Carolina USA on 11/13/2016
Journal Entry 1 by hopeinnc from Union Grove, North Carolina USA on Sunday, November 13, 2016
This book caused a lot of mixed feelings with me. There were times that I felt bogged down with characters and background and situations. I felt like it was taking forever to plow through sometimes. Then it dawned on me that there was more depth and development than in the past several books that I had read, a more "mature" level that I couldn't just breeze through. It was a different style from the mindless books that I read so quickly. I enjoy those, but I seriously liked this book.

The characters came to life for me, not flatly but with depth and humanity. I found myself identifying with the turmoil and the emotion in their complicated world. There were laugh out loud moments, and times when I cringed as danger came their way. I was fully involved in the story from the beginning, not knowing who the killer was but pretty sure about who it wasn't. This was a great beginning to a new series for my TBR shelf, and I look forward to reading through the remainder of the series.

Journal Entry 2 by hopeinnc at Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Thursday, June 29, 2017

Released 5 yrs ago (6/28/2017 UTC) at Charlotte, North Carolina USA