Bertie, May and Mrs Fish

by Xandra Bingley | History | This book has not been rated.
Registered by miekster of Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on 11/11/2016
Journal Entry 1 by miekster from Leeuwarden, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, November 11, 2016
Couldn't quite get through this book, unfortunately.

Journal Entry 2 by miekster at OBCZ Café ZwartWit in Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, January 15, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (1/15/2017 UTC) at OBCZ Café ZwartWit in Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

Meegenomen om los te laten,bij de meeting vanmiddag, alhier.

Journal Entry 3 by bookguide at Wijchen, Gelderland Netherlands on Monday, January 16, 2017
Picked up from the table at the New Year's Meeting in Café ZwartWit. This looks like an enjoyable memoir. We also used to know a Mrs Fish, coincidentally.

Journal Entry 4 by bookguide at OBCZ 't Hof: Lunch & High Tea in Oss, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, March 31, 2019

Released 5 mos ago (3/31/2019 UTC) at OBCZ 't Hof: Lunch & High Tea in Oss, Noord-Brabant Netherlands

This book has been released as part of the following BookCrossing challenges:
- The Ultimate Challenge - read and release books, with extra points for a monthly theme
- Reduce Mount TBR (To Be Read) - read and release books on the TBR list since before the end of the end of the previous year. My reading goal is 36 books.

Journal Entry 5 by wingSuzy26wing at Oss, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Monday, April 01, 2019
Meegenomen van de supergezellige meeting gisteren. Bedankt, bookguide!

Journal Entry 6 by wingSuzy26wing at Delft, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Maybe this is a nice story if you are into horses or if you were a child during and after WWII and grew up at a large farmhouse with eccentric parents and went on hunting parties. I couldnot relate very much to this story and this was hampered even more by the strange writing style: some full sentences, but often only parts of sentences with lots of dots in between. Just brushstrokes, mere impressions of what happened. You never get the full story, never get to know what really goes on in the protagonist's head. Not my kind of book. I did finish it, though, which is nothing short of a miracle really :). On the back cover, it was said that the final chapter would move me to tears, well, it didnot. Concerning the title of this book: I donot understand why Mrs Fish is mentioned. Her part in the story is only minor (or I must have missed something?). There are lots of photos in the book, but whithout captions, so sometimes you havenot the slightest idea what you are looking at. I did like the little drawings, though.