Elli: Coming of Age in the Holocaust

Registered by wingkirjakkowing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/7/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingkirjakkowing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, November 07, 2016
I've bought this years ago and if probably liked it, because I kept it. Well, not LIKED it, but thought the story was well-told. However, I nowadays tend to read less about violence and madness, so this book shall travel on. I think I know somebody who would want to read this story.

Elie Wiesel wrote about the book: "Among the most moving documents I have read in years and years... you will not forget it."
Sorry Elie, I did.

Journal Entry 2 by wingkirjakkowing at Hampstead, Greater London United Kingdom on Monday, November 07, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/13/2016 UTC) at Hampstead, Greater London United Kingdom

I had some surprises still in my sleeve! Merry Christmas!

Journal Entry 3 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 27, 2016
This looks like my kind of book. I will probably pass it on to Shahrun after I read it. It is her kind of book too. Thanks for this and all the Secret Santa goodies kirjakko!

Journal Entry 4 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, January 05, 2018
What a moving book. Really conveys how vile the behaviour was towards Jews, not just in terms of the Nazis' cold organised cruelty and murder but the individuals who took pleasure in abusing their power although some people she encountered were kind in limited ways. What most saddens me is how often we humans have acted in similar ways since eg the Rohinga Muslims and their ethnic cleansing by Myanmar. Some of the stories are chillingly similar to the accounts detailed in Elli's memoir.

Journal Entry 5 by wingPoodlesisterwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/27/2018 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Given to my brother on Holocaust Memorial Day.