Three Wishes

by Liane Moriarty | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingTaryawing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/4/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingTaryawing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 04, 2016
From penguin.co.uk:

They say trouble always comes in threes. And for sisters Lyn, Cat and Gemma Kettle, the year they turn thirty-three is no exception.

Sensible Lyn is struggling to balance being a mother, wife and businesswoman without losing her mind. Cat, whose perfect marriage is the envy of all her friends, never suspects that her husband has been hiding a secret that will tear her life apart. And directionless Gemma, who changes jobs and boyfriends every few months, has just met a new man who could be the one to unlock her hidden past.

Through everything, the bonds of the sisters are strong enough to withstand whatever life throws at them. That is until the night of their thirty-fourth birthday dinner, when home truths are revealed and things are said that can't be taken back...

First published 2003
Penguin Books 2016

Journal Entry 2 by wingTaryawing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Friday, November 04, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/5/2016 UTC) at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland

Vien huomenna Tampereelle kassillisen täsmäkirjoja (ja vähän muitakin), tämä on menossa Bookgeolle, jonka toivelistalla Moriartyn kirjat ovat :) Iso kiitos Pamina_81:lle kurirointiavusta ja hyvää pyhäinpäivää!

Enjoy reading, Bookgeo!

Lue ja vapauta - BookCrossing.com

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookgeowing at Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, December 19, 2016
Ooh, I did not expect this at all. Thanks for a complete surprise, Tarya!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookgeowing at Pirkkala, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, August 12, 2017
Quick-witted and quite believable story about a triplet family. It was easy to feel fond of these characters, they were strong and vulnerable at the same time. And so different from each other in a way, too.

Based on this book I would gladly read more books from Moriarty.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookgeowing at to fulfill a wish, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, August 12, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (8/12/2017 UTC) at to fulfill a wish, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

A wishlist surprise for lukutuoli, enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Saturday, August 12, 2017
Thanks for this great surprise, Bookgeo! I've read two books by Moriarty this summer and she has become one of my favourites :) Can't wait to read this, too!

Journal Entry 7 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, September 02, 2018
I have read several Moriarty's books in Finnish, this was the first English version for me. I absolutely love the books by Moriarty, but this story about the triplets wasn't my favourite of them. This soap-opera was hilarious and funny, but didn't reveal the naughty secret thoughts of human beings as well as some other books by the writer :)

#55 for Reduce Mount TBR 2018 Challenge by Dove-i-Libri

Journal Entry 8 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, At a bookcrossing Meet-up -- Controlled Releases on Monday, December 10, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (12/10/2018 UTC) at Tampere, At a bookcrossing Meet-up -- Controlled Releases

Vein tarjolle bookcrossaajien pikkujouluun ravintola Purpuriin.

Journal Entry 9 by jonnukka at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, December 10, 2018
Minä otin tämän kirjan kun suositeltiin. Katotaanpa mitä tykkään.