My Soul to Take: Thora Gudmundsdottir Book 2

by Yrsa Sigurdardottir | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0340920661 Global Overview for this book
Registered by KaleLewin of Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on 10/28/2016
Journal Entry 1 by KaleLewin from Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 28, 2016
The blurb from the back cover

A grisly murder is committed at a health resort situated in the recently renovated farmhouse, which turns out to be notorious for being haunted. Attorney Thora Gudmundsdottir is called upon by the owner of the resort - the prime suspect in the case - to represent him. Her investigations uncover some very disturbing occurrences at the farm decades earlier - things that have never before seen the light of day...

Released 2 yrs ago (11/17/2016 UTC) at Unusual Countries Sweepstake, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A book from Iceland for the winner of the unusual countries sweepstake

Journal Entry 3 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Wednesday, November 23, 2016
Thank you!
I love dark and gloomy books set in Island! Haven't read this one, and I do look forward to it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Saturday, September 15, 2018
I have read quite a lot of books set in Iceland, by Icelandic authors, however, not many thrillers since I normally do not read that genre. This book is, like many of the others I've read, set in a remote place which only inhabited by some rather strange people. Fair enough, and a good setting for a murder mystery. So far, so good....
But the protagonist, there was nothing remotely likable about her! A lawyer, divorced mother of two, gallivanting around the countryside. When her son of 16, soon to become a father, his pregnant 15-year old girlfriend and her young daughter (maybe 10?), takes her car & caravan and escapes the father... what does the protagonist do? Goes to find them? Tries to locate them as quickly as possible? Contacts the police? No - she gets on with her buisness... What mother would do that? In addition, she keeps evidence from the police, and steps on every ones toes, no clue about how to handle people.
So, I doubt I'll ever read a novel by Yrsa Sigurdardottir again. And this one will travel again soon.

Journal Entry 5 by wingHaugtussawing at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (10/24/2018 UTC) at Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway

Enjoy!

Velkommen til BookCrossing!

Takk for at du fant boka.
Vær vennlig å skriv en kommentar på www.bookcrossing.com, så får vi vite hva som har skjedd med boka.
Du kan være anonym om du vil eller enda kjekkere: bli medlem (det er gratis).
Om du leser boka så kan du skrive hva du synes om den.
Om du slipper den fri igjen så fortell gjerne om det også.
Om du blir medlem så kan du få email som forteller hva som skjer med boka i fremtiden - spennende!

Er det noe du lurer på så sende gjerne et PM (personal message) til meg, Haugtussa, og spør.
Lykke til som bokkrysser.

Journal Entry 6 by wingtravelinawing at Ullern bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, March 14, 2019
Takk, Haugtussa, nå er boken hos meg:-)