A Midsummer Nights Dream - Wordsworth Classics

by Author unknown | Plays & Scripts |
Registered by 4evagreen of Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 10/27/2016
Journal Entry 1 by 4evagreen from Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 27, 2016
Given to me by a colleague who was having a clear out. Different cover.

Journal Entry 2 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 29, 2019
" The course of true love never did run smooth."

This is one of Shakespeare's most performed comedies and as such probably one of his best known. Consequently I'm not going to going to say anything about the plot. I personally studied this whilst at school as part of an English Literature course and despite my callow years I remember enjoying. However, I haven't read it since.

Now, far too many decades later, I read Bernard Cornwell's novel 'Fools and Mortals' which centres around a speculative and fictional première of the play. Having really enjoyed reading that book decided to revisit the original. Once again I found it a highly enjoyable read which made me smile and a piece of true genius.

Journal Entry 3 by 4evagreen at Buxton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (4/30/2019 UTC) at Buxton, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Going out as a sort of Brucie Bonus. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 02, 2019
Thank you for this surprise. One of my favourite Shakespeare plays ūüėĀ

Journal Entry 5 by wingSparkishwing at Fleckney, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Saturday, April 18, 2020
To go to a new home soon. Thanks again for sending 4evagreen.