Cop Town: A Novel

by Karin Slaughter | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingtobysruswing of Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on 10/22/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingtobysruswing from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, October 22, 2016
A friend was cleaning off her bookshelves and gave me this to release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingtobysruswing at Panera Bread, 299 Harvard St. in Brookline, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, October 22, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/22/2016 UTC) at Panera Bread, 299 Harvard St. in Brookline, Massachusetts USA

At the Boston Bookcrossing meeting. Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BookCrossing!

Please make a journal entry to let me know that this book has been caught so I know that it has found a good home with you. If you are new to BookCrossing, when you join please indicate that you were referred by tobysrus. I hope that you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you are done reading.

I hope that you will enjoy the BookCrossing experience!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, Boston has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly; the second Tuesday of the month at Panera Bread (1288 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge - Harvard Square, 2nd floor) 7 PM.

Journal Entry 3 by wingstormysweetiewing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, February 24, 2018
Just couldn't get into this book, so I'm passing it along.

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 25, 2018
Picked up at the meetup. Think I'll give it a try.

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, May 25, 2019
Took me a while to get into this, but once I did it was impossible to put down. Not an easy read: Atlanta in 1974 is full of racism, discrimination, and hatred. All the characters are flawed in some way; some you can root for, and others are just plain evil.

I haven't read any of Slaughter's "series" books, but am glad I read this stand-alone.

Amazon:
Atlanta, 1974: As a brutal murder and a furious manhunt rock the city’s police department, Kate Murphy wonders if her first day on the job will also be her last. She’s determined to defy her privileged background by making her own way—wearing a badge and carrying a gun. But for a beautiful young woman, life will be anything but easy in the macho world of the Atlanta PD, where even the female cops have little mercy for rookies. It’s also the worst day possible to start given that a beloved cop has been gunned down, his brothers in blue are out for blood, and the city is on the edge of war.

Kate isn’t the only woman on the force who’s feeling the heat. Maggie Lawson followed her uncle and brother into the ranks to prove her worth in their cynical eyes. When she and Kate, her new partner, are pushed out of the citywide search for a cop killer, their fury, pain, and pride finally reach the boiling point. With a killer poised to strike again, they will pursue their own line of investigation, risking everything as they venture into the city’s darkest heart.

Relentlessly paced, acutely observed, wickedly funny, and often heartbreaking, Cop Town is Karin Slaughter’s most powerful novel yet—a tour de force of storytelling from our foremost master of character, atmosphere, and suspense.

Journal Entry 6 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, May 25, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (5/25/2019 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to Bkind2books via the wishlist-tag game. Hope you enjoy it!

Released for 2019 Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, May 31, 2019
Thanks for the RABCK! I really enjoy Karin Slaughter and look forward to reading this.