The Moneyless Man: A Year of Freeconomic Living

by Mark Boyle | Other | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingerpaxwing on 10/21/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingerpaxwing on Friday, October 21, 2016

***

Teevahingon(?) kokema ja sittemmin kirjaston valikoimista poistettu pokkari. Avopuoliso lukenut jo kiinnostavilta osin kuulemma. Muistelen nähneeni tästä kaverista jonkin dokumentin joskus...

Journal Entry 2 by wingerpaxwing at Wishlist RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 21, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (10/22/2016 UTC) at Wishlist RABCK, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Boyle ei varmaan poistokirjan kuntoa huomaisi. Toivottavasti ei kauheasti toivojaa haittaa... mielenkiintoisia luku- tai vapautteluhetkiä!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, October 23, 2016
Wishlist surprise, yay! Thank you :)

Released 2 yrs ago (11/13/2017 UTC) at Assarin Ullakko / Brygge in Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Although I have no intention of doing what Boyle does, I have to say this was one of the most inspiring books I've read in ages! He touches several issues that are meaningful or interesting to me and he also writes well, so it's a real pleasure to read this. Not all of his actions make sense to me; for example, why is it ok to hitch-hike from Bristol to Ireland (and have a television company pay for a ferry ticket on the way) - but not ride in a car with your girlfriend to a place she was going to anyway (or let your mates buy you a few beers at a stag party)? But in the big picture, those are minor details of course. I'll have to google the guy and see what he's up to these days, I'm curious.

Oh, Bookcrossing gets a mention in this too ;) And I learnt a new word; never knew that dyykkaus is called skipping in English!

Congratulations, you found a travelling book! Enjoy and later leave it for other people to find. Feel also free to come back here to let us all know what you thought of the book and where you left it :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, November 13, 2017
Will read! Nice idea.