Brick: A Literary Journal (Summer 2010, Number 85)

by Author unknown | Arts & Photography |
Registered by Bookgirrl of Acton, Ontario Canada on 10/18/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Bookgirrl from Acton, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Thanks to Jessibud, I have enjoyed 2 well written tributes to the late, great Kate McGarrigle in this 2010 edition of literary periodical, "The Brick". One is by arts writer Carl Wilson (no, not the Beach Boy) and the other by Dane Lanken (husband of Anna). Also, in this edition, there is an article about Zadie Smith, author of "White Teeth", a book I liked, so there is more to enjoy. As if that isn't good enough....70 "I Didn't Buy it on Amazon" stickers arrived in the mail this morning from Le Mot/The Word, an indie, Montreal bookstore - one of which, I have gleefully added to The Brick's cover. I am sure Kate and Anna and Jane McGarrigle would like the fact that a sticker from Montreal championing indie bookstores is right beside Kate's smiling face on the cover. The McGarrigle sisters are/were indie themselves - unique and much loved.

Journal Entry 2 by jessibud at Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, October 19, 2016
This was actually my first encounter with BRICK. I bought several back issues for $1 each at their booth at Word on the Street a few weeks ago. I am enjoying them so far. Having just finished the McGarrigle memoir I had borrowed from you, I was drawn to the cover of this edition and just knew you'd enjoy it!

I love that you put that label on it! ;-)

Journal Entry 3 by Bookgirrl at Acton, Ontario Canada on Thursday, October 20, 2016
Hmmmm....maybe I can borrow some of those other BRICKS?

Journal Entry 4 by Bookgirrl at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 20, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (1/21/2017 UTC) at Harbord House Pub in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Dear Finder of this book: You have found a free "travelling" book, with a unique ID number, so its journey can be tracked around the world. Bookcrossing is free, anonymous and aims to "make the whole world a library" and grow the love of reading. Please take a moment to make a short journal entry so we know the book has been found. When you are done with the book, pass it on, and help its journey continue. Bookcrossing is basically, Geo-caching for books and there are over 1 million registered Bookcrossers.

Journal Entry 5 by Canadateagirl at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Released 10 mos ago (12/22/2020 UTC) at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, Ontario Canada

Enjoy! I'm moving so setting a few books free! :)