Seasoning, The

by Manon Steffan Ros | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 190998325X Global Overview for this book
Registered by kinedi of Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on 10/17/2016
Journal Entry 1 by kinedi from Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, October 17, 2016
Peggy is eighty and the family are having a birthday party. Her son's gift of a beautifully crafted notebook comes with a request. Peggy's not so keen on telling her own story, but each of her family and neighbours has a story to tell, revealing not just Peggy's life but that of her village, tucked beneath Cader Idris on the southern fringes of Snowdownia.

Journal Entry 2 by kinedi at Rushyford, County Durham United Kingdom on Monday, October 17, 2016
Bought while on holiday in North Wales and this is a delightful read. The story of a village in Snowdonia through the times, mainly centred on Peggy and each chapter is told by a different person at a different time. It's about love, loss, friendships, mental illness but mostly about food - cakes, iceceams, stews and as a wee bonus the recipes are included as well.

Journal Entry 3 by kinedi at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 05, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (12/8/2019 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing.

Thank you for catching this book! I hope that you enjoy it and will consider exploring this site and possibly joining. It is free and loads of fun, as you can track your released books in their travels, possibly all over the world!

Please feel free to keep this book for as long as you wish, and whenever you're ready, pass it on. Then watch its journey - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes a new journal entry. It's all confidential, free and fun (and addictive - but in a GOOD way)!

You may remain anonymous, but if you choose to join the site, I hope that you will consider using me, kinedi, as the one who referred you.

Congratulations on finding a Bookcrossing book and Happy Reading!!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 09, 2019
Caught at the old gang meet up. Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbookfrogsterwing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 16, 2019
This had much more depth than I was expecting. I thought it really showed how you can never know what other people's lives are really like. I loved the food element running throughout. Thanks for bringing this one along Kinedi as I don't think I would have come across it otherwise.