Janice Gentle Gets Sexy

by Mavis Cheek | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Flutterbies9 of Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on 10/6/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Flutterbies9 from Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Thursday, October 06, 2016
Picked up in a charity shop and discovered this is an ex library book!

Cover.
"Janice Gentle, under pressure from her money-obsessed agent, writes delicate, romantic novels with one goal in mind: to make enough money to find the man she loved and lost twenty years ago.

But when Rohanne Bulbecker, a sucessful New York publisher, asks for Janice's help with an extremely marketable idea, it's an opportunity for Janice to abandon her usual predictable genre and try something entirely new . . ."

Released 2 yrs ago (10/27/2016 UTC) at Halloween Exchange, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Something a little different and quite entertaining. Nothing to do with Halloween I know but you need a rest from Halloween books now.
As you can see, this is an ex-library book which was decommissioned.

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 04, 2016
Enjoyed the only other Mavis Cheek novel I read, and this sounds a hoot plus the central character writes historic romances which I do enjoy so I expect Janice Gentle Gets Sexy will make me smile for a number of reasons, many thanks Flutterbies9.

Amused that this is included in my Halloween package 2016, plus two other books and in no particular order; two LED flashing stickers, a cat & a bat; a pair pf super wonderful black tights with SILVER GLITTER COBWEBS & SPIDERS woo-hoo, shame I moved my black mini out of my wardrobe years ago. [Then again… I’ve got that whole thunder thighs thing going on now, arrgh...to move on, I’ve got a longer black skirt here will dig it out]; a 4 pack of seriously fantastic Halloweeny stamps [scary cat/skull & crossed bones/I heart vampires/carved pumpkin] itching to get stamping [I never saw these in my local Morrison’s so am particularly grateful, hope you got some for yourself!]; a pack of Staedtler erasers [now well prepared to rub out all the bad guys I encounter in crime fiction]; a net bag of milk chocolate foil covered ‘pumpkins’; a fun pack of Haribo TangfasTricks; a giant bar of Mousse au Cholate, white sounds edible [grin]; and last but not least a bar of white chocolate with caramel & raspberry nuggets embedded in it - YUM!

Journal Entry 4 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 14, 2016
A fairly relentless pace drives this perky and tale laced with dry, wry humour, as it racks up the tension as one almost waits for the multiple pile-up that seems to have been threatened. There are certainly some pleasingly warm seconds and calm moments here and there though otherwise there is little relief from the state of tension. Ingenious writing though and clever plotting, however I was greatly thankful by the books end that the tension resolved its self in the most amusing of ways. Planning wild releasing this soon.

Journal Entry 5 by rainbow3 at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 18, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/14/2016 UTC) at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Hello book finder, if you aren't familiar with BookCrossing – WELCOME! Feel free to keep this book it is yours to do with as you wish, read it, and/or pass it on. You can leave notes anonymously or if you journal this book as a member, you will hear from the book on its travels. If you do join quoting bookcrosser – Cassandra2020 – as your referrer would be very gratifying. Thank you and HAPPY READING!

ABERDEEN has an active group of BookCrossers who meet monthly (fourth Monday of the month) at Belmont Filmhouse Cafe, Belmont St, Central Aberdeen. For up-to-date information, CHECK our Meet-Up Group: http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aberdeenscotlandbookcrossing or find us on Facebook

EDINBURGH has an active group of BookCrossers who meet [at least] twice monthly: every first Thursday of the month at 7.30 pm Venue - JOSEPH PEARCE’S BAR, 23 Elm Row, Central Edinburgh, UK EH7 4AA Sunday meets every third Sunday of the month at, 2pm Venue - AKVA (Swedish bar - family friendly) 129 Fountainbridge, Edinburgh EH3 9QG
Come join us? For up-to-date information, CHECK our Meet-Up Group: http://www.meetup.com/bookswapedinburgh or find us on Facebook

Journal Entry 6 by wingbelmontcafewing at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, November 25, 2016
On the shelf... Nov 2016

Journal Entry 7 by wingbelmontcafewing at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, January 26, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (1/26/2017 UTC) at Belmont Cinema Cafe in Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom

Picked up..... Jan 2017