Only Child

Where Has This Book Been?
Registered by wingLindasauruswing of Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on 6/24/2020
Journal Entry 1 by wingLindasauruswing from Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Wednesday, June 24, 2020
About the book:
"Squeezed into a coat closet with his classmates and teacher, first grader Zach Taylor can hear gunshots ringing through the halls of his school. A gunman has entered the building, taking nineteen lives and irrevocably changing the very fabric of this close-knit community. While Zach's mother pursues a quest for justice against the shooter's parents, holding them responsible for their son's actions, Zach retreats into his super-secret hideout and loses himself in a world of books and art. Armed with his newfound understanding, and with the optimism and stubbornness only a child could have, Zach sets out on a captivating journey towards healing and forgiveness, determined to help the adults in his life rediscover the universal truths of love and compassion needed to pull them through their darkest hours."

My opinion:
Seems like because of the subject, the young narrator that this book should garner a higher rating but..I had trouble believing a six year old could reason his way through do much that Zach does, from finding a way to express his feelings in colors, to uniting people who are so emotionally injured. I have five boys, none like this at six, just couldn't go there. Plus, though having the narrator do young does bring an emotional quotient to this read, that an older child or adult wouldn't, an innocence that is appealing, it also made it repetitive at times, and just over done at others. How long can one be in the mind of a child? The message of the book is a good one, reminding us that those left behind also need care, but I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

Released 1 yr ago (7/17/2020 UTC) at Oberhausen - Nimm- und Bring-Bücherei in Groß-Enzersdorf, Niederösterreich Austria

Lieber Finder!

wenn wir Bookcrosser Bücher freilassen, dann tun wir das, um anderen eine Freude zu machen! Aber auch, um unser Hobby, das Bookcrossing, bekannter zu machen.

Und das allerschönste am Bookcrossing ist, wenn ein Finder einen Eintrag zu dem Buch macht: wo das Buch gefunden wurde, wie es dem Leser gefiel und wie die Reise des Buches jetzt weitergeht.

Der Finder kann dabei völlig anonym bleiben!
Aber wir freuen uns auch über jeden der sich bei Bookcrossing anmeldet.

Journal Entry 3 by _Pirx_ at Groß-Enzersdorf, Niederösterreich Austria on Wednesday, July 22, 2020
Das Buch wurde außerhalb der Bücherei entdeckt und gerettet. Es darf jetzt weiterreisen.

Alles Gute!