Pessimist's Journal of Very, Very Bad Days of the 1980s, The

by Jess M. Brallier, Richard P. McDonough | Humor | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 10/3/2016
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 16, 2016
This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

Illustrated by Seth Feinberg.

☻ ☻ ☻

This book is from the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

Fiercely independent, with a loving heart and a wicked sense of humor, she was passionate about the things she believed in and was willing to stand up and be counted when necessary. She was truly a one of a kind individual, and she will be missed by all of her many friends...who prefer to believe that she's off in Vegas, having a fabulous time and eating as many desserts as she wants.

Journal Entry 2 by allysther from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, October 16, 2016
This book is from the library of Purple58
She was a crappy Bookcrosser
But a wonderful human being

Journal Entry 3 by allysther at Kewalo Basin Net Shed in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 16, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/30/2016 UTC) at Kewalo Basin Net Shed in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To be released Saturday, October 29, at the Happy Holly-Day party.

This book is released in memory of BookCrosser purple58, who wanted all of her books to find good homes after she was gone. Please feel free to read it, keep it, pass it on...whatever you wish. If you have something to say about the book, or a memory to share about Holly, please feel free to post it here: she was never shy about sharing her opinions, so she wouldn't expect any less.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016
This book came home from purple58's wonderful send-off with me. I think Holly would have loved her final party and I'm glad I was able to be a part of it. (The word cloud in the journal entry was generated from descriptions of Holly by her friends.)

This book will be heading out soon in honor of a special woman who was undoubtedly chuckling as she planned plotted out how she would have us celebrate her life. :)

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (11/7/2016 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Headed for Arizona via media mail.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 6 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, December 04, 2016
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, hyphen8, for this book that came as part of a lovely little boxful of books that were once a part of Purple58's collection, who I never personally met...may she Rest In Peace. I will be deciding which few I'd like to keep to read, and will eventually Wild Release, and share them all with others, in order to help make Purple58's wish that all her books find good homes when she is gone come true. ; )

Journal Entry 7 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Reserved for booklady331's Virtural Non Fiction Bookbox Round 7 https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/518393/9012242

Journal Entry 8 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Sunday, June 10, 2018
Reserved for booklady331's Round 8: US Non-Fiction VBB

Journal Entry 9 by BOOKWORMINUSALL at Mesa, Arizona USA on Friday, September 14, 2018
I have removed this book from my offerings in Booklady331's Nonfiction VBB, and am including it in my offerings for HI77's Bookbox of Intentional Variety! (US only) BOOKBOX # 1, which is still open for participation, to add some "HUMOR" into the mix. ; ) https://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/554323

Part of Secretariat's 2018 Week 37 NJABBIC Release Challenge: Jewelry

TO THE FINDER OF THIS BOOK:

HELLO...WELCOME to BOOKCROSSING...and CONGRATULATIONS!

You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BOOKCROSSING http://www.bookcrossing.com/about. Maybe you'll even decide to make a journal entry on this book, possibly listing me...BOOKWORMINUSALL...as the one who referred you. We want to make the whole world a library! You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it's free!). Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend, or even set it free "in the wild" for someone else to find as you did. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels - you'll be alerted by email each time someone makes another journal entry. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address), it's fun, it's free, and it's spam-free...all thanks to our dedicated totally AWESOME BOOKCROSSING MANAGEMENT http://www.bookcrossing.com/management, and SUPPORT TEAMS!!!

HAPPY READING!

Journal Entry 11 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Saturday, September 22, 2018
Taking from the book box.

Journal Entry 12 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, October 04, 2018
I took this book along with me on a recent road trip and read it in the car on the way home. A fun, interesting little book!

Journal Entry 13 by wingAramenawing at Moore, Oklahoma USA on Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/13/2018 UTC) at Moore, Oklahoma USA

I'm sending a book to JudySlump612 today and this little book is tagging along.

Journal Entry 14 by wingJudySlump612wing at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Saturday, November 17, 2018
What fun! Aramena, thank you for a most entertaining surprise.