Tainted Trail (Ukiah Oregon, Book 2)

Registered by wingcrimson-tidewing of Balingup, Western Australia Australia on 10/3/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingcrimson-tidewing from Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Monday, October 03, 2016
Book 2 of the Ukiah Oregon series.

The sequel to Alien Taste sends Ukiah Oregon off on the trail of Alicia Kraynak, the niece of his partner Max's best friend. What appears to be an ordinary disappearance quickly turns out to involve alien invaders, the Ontongard, and one of Ukiah's earlier selves, the feral Wild Boy of the Oregon wilderness. These contingencies immediately put Ukiah on his mettle, for he is actually the only fertile offspring of a rebel faction of the Ontongard that has been struggling for centuries to save Earth from universal infection and conversion into another conquered group-mind of the "orthodox" Ontongard. The battle against evil aliens is action-packed though relatively unsurprising, but Spencer's skillful characterizations, vividly drawn settings, and comic exploitation of Ukiah's deceptively youthful looks make the romp high light entertainment.

Sourced as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Larrakeyah, Northern Territory Australia on Monday, October 03, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (10/3/2016 UTC) at Larrakeyah, Northern Territory Australia

Sending as a wishlist tag from Better World Books to amberC.
Hope it doesn't take too long to reach you. :-)

Also released for Week 40 of the Never Judge a Book by its Cover 2016 Release Challenge: Autumn colors (yellow, brown, red, or orange).

Journal Entry 3 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Thursday, November 03, 2016
This book was waiting for me on my return from Singapore. Thank you.

Journal Entry 4 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Tuesday, December 26, 2017
Well-written, unique and imaginative.

My only issue was that it's been a few years since I read the previous book in the series so it took me a while to remember what had gone before.

Journal Entry 5 by wingamberCwing at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia on Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/26/2017 UTC) at Darwin, Northern Territory Australia

You've been tagged!

Journal Entry 6 by wingcrimson-tidewing at Balingup, Western Australia Australia on Tuesday, January 09, 2018
Thanks Amber. Now back on my shelf physically as opposed to only virtually! Has been a while since I read part one of the series too, but I guess at least some of it will come back once I start reading this one.