Still Alice

by Lisa Genova | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Bjorg of Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on 10/1/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Bjorg from Reykjavík, Reykjavík (Höfuðborgar svæðið) Iceland on Saturday, October 01, 2016
Alice is just fifty when she finds herself in a downward spiral, increasingly disoriented and forgetful. A university professor, wife and a mother of three, she has books to write, places to see, grandchildren to meet. But now a tragic diagnosis of early-onset Alzheimer´s disease is set to change her life - and her relationship with her family. Losing her yesterdays, living for each day, her short-term memory is hanging by a frayed thread. But she is still Alice.

This is one of the best books I have read for a long time. It just took a hold of me at the very first page and until the end. It´s so well written and so realistic and I could really feel Alice's panic when she was staring to loose her memory. I recommend this book to everyone :) I have also read Left Neglected by Lisa Genova, also very good. So I will for sure read more of her books :)

Journal Entry 2 by Bjorg at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Sunday, May 14, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/15/2017 UTC) at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal

This book will now travel to lils74 in Nepal, enjoy :)

Journal Entry 3 by lils74 at Kathmandu, Bagmati (incl. Kathmandu Valley) Nepal on Wednesday, May 31, 2017
This book arrived safe and sound today. Thank you so much for sending it, Bjorg! I saw the movie not long ago and was profoundly affected by it. Looking forward to the book.