Murder On The Cliffs. A mystery featuring Daphne du Maurier

by Joanna Challis | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 9/30/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, September 30, 2016
I got this fair-condition softcover from the LFL on Fair St. in Newburyport MA, while dropping off some books of my own. I love du Maurier's writing; not sure how I'll feel about her being the main character in someone else's mystery!

Later: The story wasn't bad, and it was fun spotting the references to plot-points and characters that would appear in du Maurier's actual books - most of them in Rebecca as of this volume, though there are others too. (There are mentions of a secret garden, which amused me even though du Maurier didn't write The Secret Garden.)

By the time the in-book Daphne starts musing about how she'd use the silent, sinister housekeeper, the fun had diminished a bit, and the plot itself seemed to be overworked, but it had its points.

Released 2 yrs ago (10/20/2016 UTC) at Post Office bookswap shelf (UBCZ), 353 Middlesex Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book on the book-swap shelf in the Tyngsboro post office lobby. Hope the finder enjoys it!

*** Released as part of the 2016 Spooktacular Halloween release challenge. ***