Unsolicited: A Booklover's Mystery (Booklover's Mysteries)

by Julie Kaewert | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0553582097 Global Overview for this book
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 9/25/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, September 25, 2016
Book #1 in the Booklover's Mystery series:

London's Plumtree Press has a world-class bestseller of a novel. And the sequel is earmarked to get this old family firm out of the red. But its anonymous author, known to Plumtree only as "Arthur," has apparently vanished, leaving the crucial last five chapters undelivered. Alex already knows they reveal the identity of the characters who smuggled British children to America during World War II. But, of course, this is fiction. So when a lead critic previews the book as a nonfiction exposé, Alex is shocked. Even more so when the critic is murdered...and Alex finds himself the target of a ruthless hunt for the manuscript and bizarre attempts on his life. Ducking newshounds, government officials, and the sniping of jealous publishers, Alex knows only one thing: If he can't find Arthur and untangle the truth, his next season's list may be a posthumous one.

I found this unregistered book at the local OBCZ at Soho Bagel in Woodstock, Georgia. I plan to read this and release it. I love reading the first books in mystery series.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, February 21, 2018
My Description: This was a great book. I haven't read anything by this author before, but I will be looking for more in this series. The main character Alex Plumtree is interesting, the story reads like an old Dashiell Hammett book, except this is in modern times and not quite as noir.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA on Thursday, August 30, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (8/30/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia. Enjoy the book!