The Year of the Flood

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Megmac of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 9/23/2016
Journal Entry 1 by Megmac from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Friday, September 23, 2016
Purchased for Uncon 2016 NSS

Journal Entry 2 by Semioticghost at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, September 24, 2016
I've received this novel as a random act of book-crossing kindness from a lovely fellow BookCrossers whom I still haven't spotted in person on this annual convention. I admit I've had my nose in one book or another for rather a lot of the time this weekend, which might have had something to do with it!

Thank you very much for books, chocolate, pens and couldn't book, dear Megmac!

Journal Entry 3 by Semioticghost at Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 16, 2019
I've just finished this, not having been able to put it down. The sci-did element is low key, the post-apocalyptic setting somehow familiar from Oryx and Drake, but the perspectives of the main characters and their relationships are all knew and a delight.
I'm looking forward to MaddAdam.

Released 1 mo ago (7/17/2019 UTC) at Bücherschrank Bornheim Berger Straße in Frankfurt am Main, Hessen Germany

Hello!
You can make a journal entry here - you can remain anonymous if you want! I hope you enjoy the book and that you'll get a chance to leave it somewhere else for someone else to find in due course. There is an old (but still very informative) article on bookcrossing to be found here:

If you like the idea of bookcrossing, more free books can be found in Colchester and Ipswich bookcrossing zones:

Ipswich bookcrossing zones:
Caffe Nero, the Buttermarket, (upstairs on the mantlepiece)
Coffee Link, Neptune Marina (upstairs, book case on far wall)

Colchester:
Purple Dog, Eld Lane
Foresters Arms, Castle Road
Hospital Arms, Crouch Street
Fox Pub, Layer de la Haye

Please do stop for a coffee or drink while you're there.