Veil of Roses

by Laura Fitzgerald | Teens |
Registered by retromonkey of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 9/21/2016
Journal Entry 1 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Hello and welcome to Bookcrossing!

Thanks for picking up this book. Treat it nicely, enjoy reading it and let everyone know what you thought of it here; you can be anonymous if you like or you might want to join Bookcrossing, if you do you can follow the book's onward journey. Then, pass it on when the time is right.If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me retromonkey, as your referring member.

Released 4 yrs ago (9/23/2016 UTC) at UK Unconvention 2016 - Birmingham in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Taking to the meet up.

Journal Entry 3 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2016
This had to come home with me. Spotted it this morning on the book buffet.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, September 29, 2018
Sending this book on it's way now. It's going to the Ipswich Convention for the book buffet.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmissmarkeywing at Railway station in Didcot, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (8/21/2019 UTC) at Railway station in Didcot, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

I hope you like the book. MissMarkey.

Journal Entry 6 by wingteachiewing at High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, February 20, 2020
In the Islamic Republic of Iran life is very difficult if you are female. At 27 Tami is sent to visit her older sister who is living in America with her Iranian husband. This gives Tami just 3 months to find a husband. Her sister starts straight away trying to arrange a marriage for her with an Iranian who lives in America. This would give Tami a green card and enable her stay in America.
However things don't all go to plan and along the way, at her english lesson classes Tami meets various other foreign nationals.
A very interesting book, showing clearly the difficulties of life in a state where women are suppressed.
I am taking this with me to the March London meet up. Hopefully someone there will pick it up, or it will be wild released for someone else to enjoy.