How I Fell in Love with a Librarian and Lived to Tell About it

by Rhett Ellis | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSoozreaderwing of Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on 9/21/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingSoozreaderwing from Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Wednesday, September 21, 2016
From the back cover: An incredibly fun story with a surprise at every turn... When I walked into the Clegmore Public Library on Wednesday, February 5 of last year, I was not expecting to see the most beautiful woman in the entire world, nay, the most beautiful creature in all existence, standing behind the circulation desk, but I did, and I still haven't fully recovered from the shock. It's not that I accepted the stereotype of the librarian - hair in a bun, spectacles on a chain about her neck, dark dress, austere manner, etc. It's just that in Clegmore, Alabama one never expects to see a new face, much less the face of the most beautiful woman in the whole universe.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Thursday, October 06, 2016
This wasn't quite what I expected it to be... But I did read it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSoozreaderwing at by courier, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, October 06, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/6/2016 UTC) at by courier, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

With the help of a courier/couriers this wishlist book is on its way to the next reader. Happy reading!:)

Journal Entry 4 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, October 09, 2016
Got this from TMarju-meet-up. I heard that Annelis had wished that I would not show up, so she could read this book, so I will try to read this before our next meet-up (the day after tomorrow!!).
I already began the book in the tram and I know exactly what the late Mrs Cunningham, the librarian who had the stroke, was like. We had her twin sister at the Academic Bookstore's English Pocket Book Department, a real treasure. She remembered all books, their authors, plots and publishers, so she was a walking literary encyclopedia before the internet was even invented. She also knew the taste of her regular customers + what they had already bought, so they just popped their head in and asked if she had anything for them and she would say "yay" or "nay" and they would believe her. She would also tell if a writers new book was a dissappointment, so they knew NOT to buy it, which is something most bookshop keepers would not tell you. Luckily she retired way before the Starbuck's invaded the Academic Bookstore and before it was sold to Bonniers (the final blow to the Good Old Days).

Journal Entry 5 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, October 10, 2016
Finished this morning. Not a dull moment and full of surprises.
The priest had a surprising sense of humour, as he described in full detail between which books Mrs Cunnningham hit her head and which books came tumbling down... He knew the title would make bookworms pick up this book and we love bookish details, but perhaps this is black humour typical to clergymen. Not that I minded, especially as one of the authors mentioned was Wodehouse, but death was not something I would expect priests to joke about.
The moral of the story was that men show great tolerance of mental disorders if the sufferer is the most stunning-looking woman in the universe. With my face I have to keep my sanity.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkirjakkowing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, October 10, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/11/2016 UTC) at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Happy Birthday, Annelis (12th Oct).

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, October 11, 2016
Thank you very much, Kirjakko!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, October 13, 2016
A nice story and not too long! I had time to read the book and to take it to Niksu whom I met this morning.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnneliswing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, October 13, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/13/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Niksu and I met in front of the Tapulikaupunki Library.
Happy reading, Niksu!

This is my # 111 in
"KEEP THEM MOVING 2016" Challenge arranged by Booklady331.

Journal Entry 10 by wingNiksuwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 29, 2016
Yes, we met with Annelis but shame on me, I forgot to make journal entry after that. Now I have read the book and had enjoyed it quite a bit. It kept my interest very well until the end. Good read, thanks Annelis!

Journal Entry 11 by wingNiksuwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 09, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/9/2017 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Annelis vie kirjan miittiin tarjolle.

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 12 by wingFlower78wing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 09, 2017
This book sounded so interesting so I couldn't resist it, but took it home with me.

Journal Entry 13 by wingFlower78wing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, October 19, 2018
Quite nice and easy read, and in the end a sweet story too. The preacher shows great understanding towards the abnormal behaviour of librarian's and is also very helpful. Naturally I wanted to read this book as it had to do with a librarian and working at a library - when I was younger I thought I'd become a librarian, so it was all very interesting to me.

I give this book to toukokuu when we meet again.

Journal Entry 14 by wingFlower78wing at handed it to her, Another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, November 04, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (11/6/2018 UTC) at handed it to her, Another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

I give the book to toukokuu at a meet-up in Helsinki. Enjoy reading!

Journal Entry 15 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 06, 2018
Thank you for the book!

Journal Entry 16 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, August 10, 2019
I didn't know what to expect from this. The beginning got me quite hooked when this beautiful new librarian was acting strangely. Nice rhymes. In the end I wasn't quite satisfied how everything was stacked so neatly although I have nothing against happy endings. Well, 101 pages, there is no time for too many twists and turns in this kind of a story.

Journal Entry 17 by toukokuu at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Friday, August 16, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (8/17/2019 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

The book will travel to Turku with me. Looking forward to our meet-up!

Journal Entry 18 by Nokkosperhonen at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, August 18, 2019
The book looked interesting so I picked it from the book buffet , thank you!