corner corner Royal Blood (A Royal Spyness Mystery)

Royal Blood (A Royal Spyness Mystery)
by Rhys Bowen | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 9/13/2016

status (set by Flutterbies9): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Life in London is hard enough for Lady Georgiana Rannoch, but when her brother and insufferable sister-in-law come to stay, Georgiana is more than happy to accept the Queen's invitation to attend a royal wedding on her behalf. However, set in a Transylvanian castle, the wedding seems to be not as fairy-tale like as one imagines. In fact, it's more like a set for horror story, what with noises in the dark, strange man by her bed side, a blood dripping bride-to-be, and a poisoned guest.

Another fun read in the series. Look forward to the next one!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at by mail in BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 14, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (10/14/2016 UTC) at by mail in BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Noticed that this is on some dear BCer friend's wishlist. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by wingTsjarawing at Assendelft, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, January 14, 2017

Yay! It's been a while since I read this series, but I really enjoyed them. So nice of you to surprise me with the wishlist books and emoji! Thank you! :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingTsjarawing at Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Monday, December 11, 2017

Well, this didn't disappoint. It was such a fun read, fast paced and funny. I liked the vampire/ Transylvania theme with the creepy old castle - can't blame Georgie for believing in supernatural beings in such a place and with all the strange things going on. Was also happy to see Darcy again, and her maid is a disaster but very amusing. I wonder if she will stay in the next books.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTsjarawing at Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, January 02, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (12/30/2017 UTC) at Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands

On its way to Scotland. Happy New Year and I hope you enjoy the books!

Journal Entry 6 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, January 08, 2018

Hi Tsjara this arrived Wed 3 Jan YAHOO! My internet access while in ABZ is patchy here at last is a BIG THANK YOU!!! One of only two Festive Boxes I received as life's a bit unravelled just now, its arrival really made my week! Jumped in and enjoyed it greatly, distraction being just what the doctor ordered just now! Hugs rainbow3

Journal Entry 7 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 16, 2018

When her brother and sister-in-law descend on London planning to stay in the family’s Hyde Park townhouse with Georgina she is only barely surviving on her wits. So taking up the Queens invitation to represent the British Royal family a Royal Wedding in Bavaria and the fact that the bride is someone she was at a Swiss boarding school with makes for a couple of good reasons to attend the wedding. The small matter of a maid being a necessity to her travel, arrival and presentation in a court setting sees Georgina yet again getting creative with her resources and hiring an eager though unsuitable and practically untrained maid to accompany her.

Clumsy, out-spoken and not at all thrilled to find herself coping with ‘foreigners’ when she would rather be at home with all that’s familiar this new maid seems more of a burden than a help, but as Georgina’s situation becomes imperilled she and her new maid learn to accommodate and support each other to survive. The setting is desperately spooky and vampire stories keep coming to Georgina’s mind, her old school colleague keeps herself at a distance, Darcy appears out of the blue and proves to be as much of a charming distraction as ever. Luckily though he is also resourceful and oddly familiar with investigative and covert procedures which are required when a body turns up and more of the party appear to be being threatened. Fine entertainment, highly recommended.

ROYAL BLOOD (Royal Spyness Mystery 4) by RHYS BOWEN (2010) | ISBN: 9780425234464 (USA Edition HB) | Publisher: Berkley Hardcover

Journal Entry 8 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, April 16, 2018

Released 5 mos ago (4/2/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Posted the week of Monday the 2nd of April 2018, to bookcrosser Flutterbies9 in Somerset, ROYAL BLOOD has now arrived and is sitting on a TBR book pile. I have great hopes that this will amuse and am curious to read how this is enjoyed.

Journal Entry 9 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Arrived some time in April but so much has happened since then that I forget exactly when. Sorry.

Correct, this is on one of my various tbr piles as I intend to read these in series but am missing the one prior to this (A Royal Pain) .