The Big Chili (An Undercover Dish Mystery)

by Julia Buckley | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 9/12/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 12, 2016
Book #1 in the Undercover Dish Mystery series:

First in a delicious new mystery series filled with casseroles, confidences, and killers...

Lilah Drake's Covered Dish business discreetly provides the residents of Pine Haven, Illinois, with delicious, fresh-cooked meals they can claim they cooked themselves. But when one of her clandestine concoctions is used to poison a local woman, Lilah finds herself in a pot-load of trouble...

After dreaming for years of owning her own catering company, Lilah has made a start into the food world through her Covered Dish business, covertly cooking for her neighbors who don't have the time or skill to do so themselves, and allowing them to claim her culinary creations as their own. While her clientele is strong, their continued happiness depends on no one finding out who's really behind the apron.

So when someone drops dead at a church Bingo night moments after eating chili that Lilah made for a client, the anonymous chef finds herself getting stirred into a cauldron of secrets, lies, and murder - and going toe to toe with a very determined and very attractive detective. To keep her clients coming back and her business under wraps, Lilah will have to chop down the list of suspects fast, because this spicy killer has acquired a taste for homicide...

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, September 15, 2016
My Review: This has become one of my favorite cozy mystery authors. I love the characters and the plot moves along like life, sometimes slow and sometimes fast. The main character Lila Drake and her sweet chocolate lab Mick are so fun to read about. She also has a love interest in a Jay Parker, a police detective. I have the next book in this series and plan to read it very soon.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, October 14, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (10/14/2016 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to DVG. I hope you enjoy this book/author.

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, October 20, 2016
Arrived safe here in NJ with a few traveling companions! Reading the back cover, it looks like a fun mystery read. After reading your JE, I am even more excited to read it since you have not picked a bad one yet! lol. Thank you so much for sharing it with me! Moving toward top of Mt TBR. Trying to read my BC-sent books before others on my shelf. Thank you JennyC1230!

Journal Entry 5 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, September 05, 2017
JennyC1230 has not led me wrong with her selection of cozies. I really enjoyed reading this one. A fast read as I read it this morning over a cup of tea. Truly liked the main character, Lilah, and her side business of selling casseroles to friends. I would hire her! lol. Anyway, an enjoyable read with a good plot. Can't wait to dive into the second one.

Journal Entry 6 by dvg at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, January 26, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (1/26/2018 UTC) at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

I am surprising Stephario with a few fun cozy reads. I hope you enjoy this series. I really did.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by Stephario at Decatur, Alabama USA on Friday, February 02, 2018
Thank you DVG!!! You definitely surprised me with this one and the others that came with it! Can’t wait to dive in!