This Pen For Hire (A Jaine Austen Mystery)

by Laura Levine | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 9/12/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 12, 2016
Book #1 in the Jaine Austen Mystery series: When savvy scribe Jaine Austen is hired by nerdy Howard Murdoch to pen a love letter to gorgeous aerobics instructor Stacy Lawrence, she gets caught up in a murder investigation when Stacy is found beaten to death and Howard is accused of the crime.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, October 31, 2016
My Review: This was such a fun book! I love the main character Jaine Austen. She's a hilarious Bridget Jones type, trying to solve a murder mystery for a client.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, May 08, 2017
This book is reserved for the 18th Round of: Bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, February 01, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (2/1/2018 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to Eponine38 from the Mystery VBB. Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Wednesday, February 07, 2018
Thank you, JennyC1230! I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, January 24, 2019
I read this first-in-series a few months ago and have forgotten some details. But it was a quick and fun read. It’s based on a rather sad and strange situation, where a man is in love, supposedly, with an aerobics instructor he’s never actually spoken to (though he’s taken her classes). Jaine Austen (creative spelling!) is a freelance writer and the man, Howard Murdoch, asks her to write a letter for him to Stacy, the aerobics instructor, asking for a date. I liked the little touch of Cyrano de Bergerac in this cozy!
______________________________________
I'm putting this back into bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB for someone else to enjoy (Round 22)

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 23, 2020
Removing from VBB (which is on hold at the moment) so that it can move along.

Journal Entry 8 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, 19 Sargent Rd. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, February 24, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (2/24/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library, 19 Sargent Rd. in Winchester, Massachusetts USA

Hope it finds a new reader!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 9 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, January 10, 2021
A good book. A little cliche. Our foster dog ate the book after we finished it. :(. Feel terrible.