Dipped, Stripped, and Dead (A Daring Finds Mystery)

by Elise Hyatt | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 9/12/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 12, 2016
Book #1 in the Daring Finds Mystery series:

Divorced and strapped for cash, Candyce 'Dyce' Dare starts up Daring Finds, a furniture refinishing business. But when she goes dumpster diving for discarded furniture - and uncovers a corpse - Dyce may find herself redecorating a jail cell.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 19, 2017
My Review: This was a great start to a new cozy mystery series. I really loved the main character Dyce Dare. She's funny, intelligent, snarky and her friends and son are a hoot! She could give Stephanie Plum a run for the money. I'm going to look for more books in this series, to see what happens next to Dyce.

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (2/7/2017 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending this surprise book with several other books to DVG. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Thank you JennyC1230 for sending me this fun book! I love watching HGTV and this one is about furniture refinishing....you know I can't wait to give this new-to-me author a try. (Hugs)

Journal Entry 5 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Monday, July 31, 2017
I agree with Jenny1230, this was a great start to a new cozy mystery series. I really enjoyed reading this one and did not want to put it down. The main character, Dyce, was smart and funny. Her son made me laugh. I love her relationship with her bestie, Ben. I won't give away the story except that it starts with her dumpster diving. (I've been known to peek myself and always am out on garbage day to see what I can discover.)

Journal Entry 6 by dvg at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/10/2018 UTC) at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Oops. Okay. I think I forgot to journal the release of this book. So I will be surprised when it gets a JE in the future. I know it will be enjoyed.

16Feb18: Remembered! I sent this out to eponine38 with another good cozy. Enjoy!
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Thank you, dvg! What a nice surprise. You do spoil me with all the wonderful RABCKs. :-) I look forward to this first-in-series.

Journal Entry 8 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, December 31, 2018
I'll add my voice to the chorus of praise for this first-in-series! I don't remember too many cozy mystery heroines who really have to scrape to make ends meet, so I appreciated that real-world aspect.

I read this a while ago but was not disciplined enough to write a review at that time (big surprise), but I do remember one passage in the book where Dyce's son takes a little jaunt around the neighborhood stark naked. It had me laughing so hard I could hardly breathe. I also got a kick out of the, shall we say, interesting expressions he'd managed to pick up and use at the most inopportune times. Lots of fun!

I've always thought it would be fun to refinish furniture. There's decent money to be made, and I imagine, a great sense of accomplishment when a piece is done. And though I've never done any actual dumpster diving, I do love "street shopping" as we say around here. :-) In the section of Boston I used to live in (Allston), there are tons of college students. When new students are moving in at the beginning of September, it's actually referred to as "Allston Christmas" because you can find so much good stuff on the sidewalk. But I digress...

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and will look for more in the series. Thanks again for sharing, dvg (and JennyC1230)!

Journal Entry 9 by wingeponine38wing at Little Free Library, 2 Mott St. in Arlington, Massachusetts USA on Monday, December 31, 2018

Released 2 mos ago (12/31/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 2 Mott St. in Arlington, Massachusetts USA

Hope it finds a new reader!

Released for 2018 D for December Challenge hosted by hyphen8.
Released for Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!