The Little Lady Agency

by Hester Browne | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 9/12/2016
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, September 12, 2016
Book Description:

Sophie Kinsella fans will devour this romantic comedy about men, manners and multi-tasking When sweet, naive Melissa seeks a job with her old Home Economics teacher she is half way through the interview before it dawns on her that Mrs McKinnon isn't interested in her cookery skills, but is in fact running an escort agency. Melissa panics, but she needs the cash - and what harm can providing lonely men with stimulating conversation over dinner do? More exciting still, she'll get to wear a disguise...Enter her alter ego: Honey. As flirty and feminine as a Bond girl, as confident and sexy as Mary Poppins in silk stockings, Honey brings out a side to Melissa she never knew she had. A side that will get her into hot water, (and out of it) and that she'll never want to lose...

My Review: This book was really good! Similar to Bridget Jones and Sophie Kinsella's characters. The Melissa Romney-Jones character has a wacky family. They all take advantage of her. Her idea to create a business based on her helping men with things like: new wardrobe, dates, new haircuts, buying presents for family members and employees, organizing parties, etc. All the things many men are not so great with, especially when they are single! (Of course, many of the people think the dates come with fringe benefits!)

The author has a really good sense of humor! This is my favorite quote from the book: "The vicar looked as if Daddy had just exposed himself to the choir and asked if there were any takers."

I loved this book! I hope that they make a movie out of this or even a TV series. Fabulous!

I found this in a Little Free Library in Acworth, Georgia: #5161. I've read this one before: The Little Lady Agency

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, September 23, 2016
Putting into the 17th round of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.