The Piano Shop on the Left Bank: Discovering a Forgotten Passion in a Paris Atelier

by Thad Carhart | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 9/23/2016
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, September 23, 2016
I selected this book from the Little Free Library #5576 - 15117 Westbury Road (Flower Valley) in Rockville, Maryland, USA. Thank you very much!

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Friday, September 23, 2016
I read another copy of this book in 2000. This is what I wrote about it after I read it...

While strolling to take his children to school in Paris, an American gentleman becomes intrigued with a small shop that displays piano parts in its window. The story of how he discovers that there is more to this small shop than of what he was first aware is a tale of piano history, piano mechanics, piano care, life in Paris, and friendship. Luc, the new owner of this shop, welcomes the American into the back of his store and helps him become more accepted by his French neighbors through a reawakening interest in playing a piano.

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, March 04, 2018

Journal Entry 5 by melydia at Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, March 18, 2018
Picked up at yesterday's BCinDC meetup in Springfield, VA. Looks interesting.

Released 5 mos ago (10/20/2019 UTC) at Fashion Centre at Pentagon City - Food Court in Arlington, Virginia USA

I read the first few chapters and realized I was really bored.
So I'm passing it along at the next BCinDC meetup. If no one claims it, I'll wild release it nearby.
Welcome to BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 7 by FortHuntLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, October 26, 2019
Left over from the October BCinDC meetup. Bringing home for my LFL.

Journal Entry 8 by FortHuntLFL at Nando's Peri-Peri in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, February 09, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/16/2020 UTC) at Nando's Peri-Peri in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Released at the BC in DC meetup. This book was in my Little Free Library and now I'm releasing to the world.

Journal Entry 9 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, February 17, 2020
I saw this on the table at the meet-up and recognized it as a title I have been interested in reading. I think it is on the wishlist of someone going to Australia -- or maybe just someone I know.